Thread: aramaic

Default aramaic

hi everybody,

I m new here, i heard of you , and i want to learn aramaic.
    Is there a guide for that, any idea?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by VonaLarsen View Post
    hi everybody,

I m new here, i heard of you , and i want to learn aramaic.
    Is there a guide for that, any idea?

thx
    There is a textbook by Zondervan, "Basics of Biblical Aramaic". Haven't used it though, so I am not sure how good it is - you may try reviews on Amazon for that.

BibleWorks contains Grammar of Palestinian Jewish Aramaic by Wm. B. Stevenson and Introductory Lessons in Aramaic by Eric D. Reymond. Since I already know Hebrew, these book have been helpful in learning how Aramaic is different from Hebrew. I do not know how well it would work to learn Aramaic from scratch using these books. But at least you know now that BibleWorks contains textbooks on Aramaic. So, if you already own BibleWorks 10, I would give them a try before purchasing something else.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    BibleWorks contains Grammar of Palestinian Jewish Aramaic by Wm. B. Stevenson and Introductory Lessons in Aramaic by Eric D. Reymond. Since I already know Hebrew, these book have been helpful in learning how Aramaic is different from Hebrew. I do not know how well it would work to learn Aramaic from scratch using these books. But at least you know now that BibleWorks contains textbooks on Aramaic. So, if you already own BibleWorks 10, I would give them a try before purchasing something else.
    Mark Eddy
    Mark, I think Stevenson's grammar is in extra-cost module. It is listed at $19.95 (US), one of the least expensive add-ons.
    --Jim