Thread: Linking to LOGOS bible Dictionaries

Default Linking to LOGOS bible Dictionaries

Does anyone have the settings for the External Links Manager in order to connect to The New Bible Dictionary, The Tyndale Bible Dictionary, Hasting's Dictionary of the Bible. Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible, Lexham Bible Dictionary, Holman Bible Dictionary etc. in LOGOS? I'm not getting any response when I try to set up a link to any of them in the External Links Manager.
    Prof. Kevin W. Woodruff, M. Div., M. S. I. S.
    Special Collections and Special Projects Librarian/Instructor in Christian Studies
    Bryan College Library
    Box 7793
    Bryan College
    721 Bryan College Drive
    Dayton, Tennessee 37321
    United States of America
    kwoodruff3540@bryan.college
    cierpke@prodigy.net
    423/775-7430 (office)
    812/821-4512 (mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W. Woodruff View Post
    Does anyone have the settings for the External Links Manager in order to connect to The New Bible Dictionary, The Tyndale Bible Dictionary, Hasting's Dictionary of the Bible. Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible, Lexham Bible Dictionary, Holman Bible Dictionary etc. in LOGOS? I'm not getting any response when I try to set up a link to any of them in the External Links Manager.
    I have the same question, essentially. Might there be a simple setting for the External Links Manager to connect to the Factbook in Logos? (I run Logos Basic 7 on a PC.)

For someone running the free version of Logos, this would give quick access to Easton's, Smith's and Lexham Bible Dictionary. Easton's and Smith's are 19th-century, but Lexham Bible Dictionary seems especially valuable since it is up-to-date and has recent bibliography.

Thanks very much for any help.

Dan Witte

Hi, Kevin and Dan. Just got around to checking this out.
    It has become more difficult to link BW and Logos when trying to check Greek/Hebrew (BW is using Beta code; Logos using Unicode) or biblical references (BW and Logos use different book abbreviations; some work, many do not).
    But, it should still be possible to link up English words as you appear to want to do, Kevin.
    Try this setup in the External Links Manager:
    The executable line in full should read:
    libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=<dummy>|re s=LLS:14.0.3
    (BTW: make sure there are no spaces in that line; somehow posting here always puts in a space in "res")
    Note that LLS:14.0.3 is the Logos code for Harpers Bible Dictionary. You will have to obtain separate codes for the other dictionaries in Logos by checking out their resource info. E.g., Anchor Bible Dictionary is LLS:14.0.4. Lexham Bible Dictionary is LLS:LBD.... You can create as many of these dictionary links as you want.
    Name:  BW.Logos.ELM1.png
Views: 122
Size:  22.1 KB
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Mark, I just tried your suggestion with the Lexham Bible Dictionary and it worked well.

Thanks very much.

Dan Witte