Thread: Can I get a list of each verb in the old testament?

Default Can I get a list of each verb in the old testament?

Can I get a list of each verb in the old testament?

I know a search of .*@v* in KWIC can get a list of the morphology for all hebrew verbs..but i'd like to have the occurrence of the word too. So instead of just bookname, chapter, verse, morphological code, hebrew root.. I would like to see the instance of the word too. So i.e. instead of just Gen 1:2 @vqp3fs+SxxxxJxCxAxEx היה i'd like to see Gen 1:2 @vqp3fs+SxxxxJxCxAxEx היתה היה So i'd like what KWIC gives but plus the word itself.

I don't mind if it's purely a list of just the verbs as they occur, as with that and what KWIC gives, I can put them together

Thanks

Default A possible work-around

Quote Originally Posted by ralphza View Post
    Can I get a list of each verb in the old testament?

I know a search of .*@v* in KWIC can get a list of the morphology for all hebrew verbs..but i'd like to have the occurrence of the word too. So instead of just bookname, chapter, verse, morphological code, hebrew root.. I would like to see the instance of the word too. So i.e. instead of just Gen 1:2 @vqp3fs+SxxxxJxCxAxEx היה i'd like to see Gen 1:2 @vqp3fs+SxxxxJxCxAxEx היתה היה So i'd like what KWIC gives but plus the word itself.

I don't mind if it's purely a list of just the verbs as they occur, as with that and what KWIC gives, I can put them together

Thanks
    You just have to run KWIC twice.
    After you have gotten the morphological list, from the menu at the top if the KWIC/Collocation Table window select "Options / Display Brother Text (in KWIC)" an "Build" the list again. This will give you the same verses, with text form of the words.

In BW terminology, "Brother Text" or "Companion Version" refers to the other version of a Morpological / Text pair of versions.

--Jim

thanks, that's amazing