Thread: New epub features and enhancements

Default New epub features and enhancements

Anyone know what the latest epub features and enhancements are???

Gilbert

I was wondering the same thing. I noticed new icons in the "open/import" window which I don't really understand, but that is the only difference that I have seen so far. Some of my books have an Aleph icon, others have a minus icon and seem to be connected to other epubs below them with connecting lines, but that doesn't seem to make sense because there are not always connections between those epubs.

I have a project that I want to start working on that I think would work great using the epub feature. In reading the Help Docs I discovered that when you import an epub that it will automatically tag or highlight the Bible verse references. I recently imported a series of suggested revisions for a Bible version in Bibleworks that is handy to keep open when I'm studying a portion of God's Word that has suggested changes for one of my preferred versions. I thought is would be nice to convert other exegetical research papers that I have received from fellow pastors to epub and import them as well, to keep as a personal collection of commentaries.

The original series of suggested revisions started as PDFs that I converted to epub using Calibre. It preserved the Greek text on conversion and import, but not the Hebrew, but all of the passage references showed up. It would be nice to know a little more than what the help file contains about how the epub tab works. Things I would like to know:
    1. How do Bible references need to be formatted so that Bibleworks recognizes them and converts them into a hyperlink?
    2. Does the epub file need something special done in the XHTML code so that Greek and Hebrew are displayed properly in the epub tab?
    3. Can we change the defaults for the popup that appears when you hover over a verse reference? (Currently it shows: NAS, BGT, WTT. I would prefer a different English translation.)