Thread: Unwanted version updates

Default Unwanted version updates

These days, whenever I update BW10 I get a message that, once the executable has been updated, there are other updates to be put in place. These turn out to be a long list of recommended and optional updates to versions that I don't know if I even have installed. The ways of the Lord are mysterious, but I don't expect ever to need (or be able) to study the Bible in Romanian, Vietnamese, Swahili, Thai, Russian, or even Swedish or Afrikaans. So my question is, how can I get BW to understand that I don't use these versions and don't need to be informed of their updates. I always leave them unchecked; sometimes there are other updates I really need (such as the recent Philo morphology update), and I check them and leave the rest unchecked. But, even though in Options in the Updates dialog I have "Show downloaded/hidden patches" unchecked, this same list appears every time I update. Not a huge issue, obviously, but an unnecessary annoyance--and of course it means I have to look carefully through the list to see if there is in fact something I need. Any thoughts on this?
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

David, Glenn Weaver recently answered your question here: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...h-Bibles-added

--Jim

So he did! Thanks, Jim.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia