Thread: Separate Mac User Profile

Default Separate Mac User Profile

Hey All,

My wife uses my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.11.6) with a separate user profile. I can't get BibleWorks 10.0.5.286 (MCW 10-30) to run on her profile. Everything runs great on mine.

Is there a setting I need to adjust, either in the System Pref or in BW itself?

** UPDATE **

Actually, I see now that it asks me to 'Install/Reconfigure' BibleWorks on that profile. So, 1) Do I really have a separate install on this profile? 2) It's asking what directory the BW install disc is in. Should I have access to the right directory, if it's all on my other profile?

Thanks,

Chris
    Last edited by cmyktaylor; 08-22-2016 at 03:14 PM. Reason: More info provided.

Unfortunately, at this point you do have to reinstall a separate copy of BW for each user. The limitation has to do with BibleWorks in-program updater. We will look at ways to make this work around this limitation, but until then a second installation would be needed for a second user on the same machine.

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    ... reinstall a separate copy of BW for each user.
    Thanks for the note. It's not really a problem, I just needed to know what I needed to do, and to make sure I wasn't going to break it on my profile if I loaded it again on hers.