Thread: [Help] Installing BibleWorks on another PC without the CDs

Default [Help] Installing BibleWorks on another PC without the CDs

Hello everyone !

It's been several years now that I bought BibleWorks and I always used it on my laptop. Recently, I moved to the US (being from Belgium) for one year and bought a Windows tablet on which I would like to enjoy BibleWorks too. The thing is that my CDs are at my house in Belgium...

Would you have an idea of how I could get BibleWorks on my tablet ? I thought of just copying the "BibleWorks 9" file from "Program Files" to my tablet, but I'm not sure if it will work.

Thank you in advance,

Timobe

Default moving to a tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Timobe View Post
    Hello everyone !

It's been several years now that I bought BibleWorks and I always used it on my laptop. Recently, I moved to the US (being from Belgium) for one year and bought a Windows tablet on which I would like to enjoy BibleWorks too. The thing is that my CDs are at my house in Belgium...

Would you have an idea of how I could get BibleWorks on my tablet ? I thought of just copying the "BibleWorks 9" file from "Program Files" to my tablet, but I'm not sure if it will work.

Thank you in advance,

Timobe
    Unfortunately there is no way to install BibleWorks 9 without the discs. You might be able to contact support for a replacement set, but it is not the current version and they may not have any old sets. You might want to consider an upgrade. BibleWorks 10 has a lot better support for tablet computers. BibleWorks 9 will work on a tablet but use without a keyboard would be frustrating.

Mike

Thank you for your honest answer Mike. So I would have two questions then :

1. How does BW10 would handle best a tablet ? After research, I guess that it is the scaling option.

2. What do I need to know when upgrading to BW10 from my BW9 and all my modules ?
    Last edited by Timobe; 08-13-2016 at 01:07 AM.

So I know it might not be a popular thing to say, but after copying the files of my laptop in the "Program files" folder of my tablet and trying to run BW9, it actually worked ! And all my numerous modules activated themselves. I just have that one Luther Bible which don't activate itself yet.

Just wanted to share for future persons who will ask themselves the question.