Thread: Problems updating 10.0.5.155 & 10.0.5.174 "Bad header!"

Default Problems updating 10.0.5.155 & 10.0.5.174 "Bad header!"

Screenshot attached.

I selected both updates and the warning "Bad header!" came up. Then it seemed BW just hung. So I went to task manager and manually closed BW10.

I went back and selected only the 10.0.5.155 update, but I immediately saw the "Bad header!" message again.

Had to close BW again via Task Manager.

Should I have only selected the 10.0.5.155 update the first time?

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Edit: I'm running this on Windows 10 Home (10.0.10586) in a VirtualBox VM (VB version 5.0.20).

Name:  BW10 update bad header.PNG
Views: 396
Size:  70.3 KB
    Last edited by ETC; 07-23-2016 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Failed to mention OS.

Both of those patches should not display together, unless you have chosen the Updater option "Show downloaded/hidden patches." Usually only the latest Executable update displays, since it supersedes the older patch updates. I do not know why that has not occurred in this instance. But I can confirm that both Executable patch updates do display together. I decided to download only the newer patch (...174), and it downloads fine. But then I get a message to the effect that other patches are available, but I must apply the patch I just downloaded before the other patches will show up. I do so, BW restarts, the Update window automatically opens, and there is the ...155 patch all by itself. Since I have the newer patch, I'm just going to ignore this patch, unless the programmers see this after the weekend and give different instructions.
    Mark Eddy

Default I did not have "Show downloaded/hidden patches" ticked

Hmmm. I did not have ""Show downloaded/hidden patches" ticked. I just now only selected the 10.0.5.174 build, and it seemed to have installed correctly. But the 10.0.5.155 build is still showing itself as available.

I guess it should not be visible? Do I need to do anything?

Name:  BW10 update bad header2.PNG
Views: 220
Size:  70.5 KB
    Last edited by ETC; 07-23-2016 at 11:33 AM. Reason: add screenshot

I had the same issue. 10.0.5.174 loaded fine. Other one I just hid. Sounds like two patches got posted together again.
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Default Bad header

Quote Originally Posted by ETC View Post
    Screenshot attached.

I selected both updates and the warning "Bad header!" came up. Then it seemed BW just hung. So I went to task manager and manually closed BW10.

I went back and selected only the 10.0.5.155 update, but I immediately saw the "Bad header!" message again.

Had to close BW again via Task Manager.

Should I have only selected the 10.0.5.155 update the first time?

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Edit: I'm running this on Windows 10 Home (10.0.10586) in a VirtualBox VM (VB version 5.0.20).

Name:  BW10 update bad header.PNG
Views: 396
Size:  70.3 KB
    When the latest version was posted the previous version was deleted but for some reason the catalog was not updated. I am not sure why. But I reposted and things seem to be OK now.

Mike

Default All's well. Thank you.

All's well. Thank you.