Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunh - can't do a User's Lexicon for ταπεινοφροσύνη

Default Hunh - can't do a User's Lexicon for ταπεινοφροσύνη

Try mouse-overing ταπεινοφροσύνη in (say) Ephesians 4:2, and tell me whether you're given a User's Lexicon entry. Mine just looks like it puts up a comma or something.

It works just fine for me, Dan.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

I don't think it should matter, but what Greek version are you using when this happens?
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

I see something in the UserLex window for every word in Eph. 4:2 except for
    avneco,menoi (I'm using BGT). It works the same for BYZ. There is nothing in the UserLex window for any form of
    avnevcomai. I wonder if that is because some lexicons use the active form and some the middle for this verb. But the UserLex seems to be working fine otherwise (at least for Eph. 4 and
    tapeinofrosu,nh
    ).
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I don't think it should matter, but what Greek version are you using when this happens?
    I tried several - GLT, UBS4, BYZ. No diff, no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    I see something in the UserLex window for every word in Eph. 4:2 except for
    avneco,menoi (I'm using BGT). It works the same for BYZ. There is nothing in the UserLex window for any form of
    avnevcomai. I wonder if that is because some lexicons use the active form and some the middle for this verb. But the UserLex seems to be working fine otherwise (at least for Eph. 4 and
    tapeinofrosu,nh
    ).
    Mark Eddy
    Oddly, I'm fine with that. The U/L lemma is the active, not middle, but I have an entry.

I just realized that I was confused about what Dan was asking, which, now that I understand it, leaves me with a question. Should I have files supplied by BW in C:\Program Files (x86)\BibleWorks 10\UserLex\default? I have three folders there (English, Greek, and Hebrew), all of them empty. Are these files that users create at need, or do they come as "starter" files with BW?
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

I just realized that I was confused about what Dan was asking, which, now that I understand it, leaves me with a question. Should I have files supplied by BW in C:\Program Files (x86)\BibleWorks 10\UserLex\default? I have three folders there (English, Greek, and Hebrew), all of them empty. Are these files that users create at need, or do they come as "starter" files with BW?
    The entries are completely user-created, like the notes feature.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

I just opened it to what was on my computers by default, and my heading for the UserLex tab reads: C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 10\UserLex\Strong UserLex\Strong UserLex.
    The other UserLex files are empty until the user creates them, as has already been stated.
    I noticed that on my XP computer in the Strong UserLex all of the accented vowels display as an empty square. But on my Windows 10 computer everything displays correctly.
    Mark Eddy

Thanks, Lee and Mark. That's what I figured. But then, back to Dan's question, there should be displays of information if and only if Dan has created a file for ταπεινοφροσύνη, which I assume he must have done; and the same for Mark and ἀνέχομαι. If they've created such files and aren't seeing data for those words when moused over, then maybe there's something amiss in the respective files in C:\Program Files (x86)\BibleWorks 10\UserLex\default\Greek (assuming that's where they're storing their files).
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia