Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BW1000.exe disappeared

Default Thanks, I hadn't seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Welty View Post
    ... in reply to your question, dtjohnso, the BibleWorks staff have had this link posted to their front page for at least a week.

Just restore the files that Windows Defender quarantined, and make an exclusion, per instructions previously given in this thread by DarkZorb. Does that help?
    Thanks, that helps. I was unaware of that page, and frustrated because I was watching this thread for updates and didn't see anything that looked like an official response.

Quote Originally Posted by dtjohnso View Post
    What is bw1000lg.exe, and when are we going to hear from BW staff about a resolution? This is getting annoying.
    WRT this specific question, referring to a file singled out by Windows as being a trojan, 10.0.5.64-bw1000lg.exe should be in the C:\Program Files (x86)\BibleWorks 10\init folder, with a large number of other files with lg in the filename. I believe they are created during the regular update process. In fact, I just did an update (which updated only the Philo database, not the program executable), and it created (among others) the files 10.0.5.64-bw1000lg.log, 10.0.5.64-bw1000lg.ini, and 10.0.5.64-copyopslg.dat. So there's nothing to worry about in these files, and Windows Defender just has to have its little hand held once again.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Welty View Post
    ... in reply to your question, dtjohnso, the BibleWorks staff have had this link posted to their front page for at least a week.

Just restore the files that Windows Defender quarantined, and make an exclusion, per instructions previously given in this thread by DarkZorb. Does that help?
    That helps, thanks. I was unaware of the official response.

Thanks guys, I hadn't seen the official response. That helps.

Thumbs down bah

I just ended up wiping my complete Windows 10 bootcamp partition because of this. It all just served to remind me why I switched over to Macs.

Quote Originally Posted by MWMiles View Post
    I just ended up wiping my complete Windows 10 bootcamp partition because of this. It all just served to remind me why I switched over to Macs.
    Macs have issues, too.

Bibleworks is asking for DVD 1 and doesn't recognize my installation stick . . . but got it going again with a copy of the 1000 file.