Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BW1000.exe disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Welty View Post
    Dan,

My version is 10.0.5.64. You can see it on the splash screen that comes up when you boot the program. You can also see it if you choose Help: About Bibleworks from within the program. It seems to be updating fine for me. It updated once since the whole 'Windows Defender quarantined your program' issue.

Greg
    Thanks. I do know what version I have; that's why I was able to give it in the previous post. And I see it's a bit back from yours. But still, no updates. /c:

Default Not updating as well

I use Bibleworks on two computers. My desktop has not had the false positive problem and is continuing to receive updates. My laptop had the problem with defender and I ended up repairing the installation from the thumb drive. I now have the same version as Dan, 10.0.3.173 and it is not finding new updates. Is there a way to directly download the current update?

Default found my answer

I just answered my own question. I opened the update search and under options checked on "show downloaded/hidden patches" I was able to see the last patch I had installed and it updated without a problem.

In my case, BW help advised that I restore the quarantined file in Windows Defender. I did, and now all is happiness and puppies once again.

Default The Same Thing Just happened to me

Something deleted my BW1000.exe file
    Prof. Kevin W. Woodruff, M. Div., M. S. I. S.
    Special Collections and Special Projects Librarian/Instructor in Christian Studies
    Bryan College Library
    Box 7793
    Bryan College
    721 Bryan College Drive
    Dayton, Tennessee 37321
    United States of America
    kwoodruff3540@bryan.college
    cierpke@prodigy.net
    423/775-7430 (office)
    812/821-4512 (mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W. Woodruff View Post
    Something deleted my BW1000.exe file
    Same issue here. Restoring the file from Windows Defender did not fix the problem. Have to repair it with thumb drive, and reconfigure all my settings.

Angry Seems to be related to recent Windows update, but really....???

My home PC just did a Windows update. I started having problems with this when my work machine updated a week or so ago.

Now I'm fighting Windows Defender over Bibleworks on this machine too. Here's the error message:

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
    file:C:\Program Files (x86)\BibleWorks 10\init\10.0.5.64-bw1000lg.exe

Get more information about this item online.
    Earlier I had the usual ones about the CLSID and stuff.

What is bw1000lg.exe, and when are we going to hear from BW staff about a resolution? This is getting annoying.

Here's some more info from the gurus: [NO NO NO NO NO]

Edit: clearly my link shortener sabotaged me. It should have been: http://bit.ly/1Y6S6DH
    Last edited by Dan Phillips; 06-03-2016 at 03:30 PM. Reason: error

I have no idea what Dan Phillips link is all about (an expose of Trump?), but in reply to your question, dtjohnso, the BibleWorks staff have had this link posted to their front page for at least a week.

Just restore the files that Windows Defender quarantined, and make an exclusion, per instructions previously given in this thread by DarkZorb. Does that help?

Default Thanks, I missed that... was watching this thread for updates instead

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Welty View Post
    ...in reply to your question, dtjohnso, the BibleWorks staff have had this link posted to their front page for at least a week.

Just restore the files that Windows Defender quarantined, and make an exclusion, per instructions previously given in this thread by DarkZorb. Does that help?
    Thanks for sharing this, I was unaware of the official post, and it was frustrating that there didn't appear to be a response.

I am not comfortable adding exclusions, for reasons we previously discussed. Instead, I'll unquarantine in my malware software until more recent definitions come down to me that don't flag BW as bad.