Thread: DPI error on starting

Default DPI error on starting

I just accepted the updates available today. Now BW seems to start from BWsetdpi.exe that's different, no? And it asks for permission to start, which is new. And then it gives a "Cannot get DPI" popup error before starting.

What up wid dat?

I sent BW support an email about this. They're working on it and it should be fixed shortly.

BAM! Thanks, nicely-done. (c:

Today I received my new upgrade to BibleWorks 10. On startup I get nearly every time an error looking the same as this one. Does anybody know how to correct that starting problem?
    Last edited by karl; 06-13-2018 at 03:06 AM.

Default Same

Quote Originally Posted by karl View Post
    Today I received my new upgrade to BibleWorks 10. On startup I get nearly every time an error looking the same as this one. Does anybody know how to correct that starting problem?
    Bibleworks will not even load up. It give an error and shuts down. I am using the 64 bit on the Mac.

Frank

Frank,
    Was the 64bit working and then broke with the update or is this an initial install? Did you have the 32bit on your Mac? Did you mess with Fonts?

You can post back here, but maybe better on the Mac forum.

Default Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    Frank,
    Was the 64bit working and then broke with the update or is this an initial install? Did you have the 32bit on your Mac? Did you mess with Fonts?

You can post back here, but maybe better on the Mac forum.
    It was not an initial install and yes, the 64bit was working prior. The 64bit replaced the 32bit. If you PM the email I can send you the error output.

Frank

Frank,
    Not sure I can help with an error report since I am a user like yourself. There is/was a problem with the last update as seen in another post. You may want to check out the suggested fix there. If all else fails, when my 64bit install failed I deleted the bw100064.ini file. It will reset all your settings. If you have tweaked your setup, I do not recommend this unless all else fails.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    Frank,
    Not sure I can help with an error report since I am a user like yourself. There is/was a problem with the last update as seen in another post. You may want to check out the suggested fix there. If all else fails, when my 64bit install failed I deleted the bw100064.ini file. It will reset all your settings. If you have tweaked your setup, I do not recommend this unless all else fails.
    I did not really look at the sender but thanks for your assistance. It worked!!!

Frank