Thread: External Link to Logos 6

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default External Link to Logos 6

I just downloaded the Logos 6 version of their software and now the external link to it, specifically to Kittel's Abridged TDNT won't open. Here's the link I used in the External Links Manager that worked before: libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=<dummy>|la ng=el|scheme=beta|res=LLS:46.10.1.
    I assume that it may need to be changed. Thanks for any possible help.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuapaul View Post
    Where will you post this link ? kindly tell me i am new here so i dont know much about what is going on here ! Thanks in advance
    The External Link Manager

Default More information?

I don't know whether this thread is dead or still alive, but the example link information in the External Link Manager (starting with 'libronixdls:' is only good for Libronix and not for Logos 6.

Logos 6 has a variety of ways to link to external resources. On initial tests, one that seems to work quite well is, for example, 'logosres:hcsb;ref=BibleHCSB.Mt24.43' (without the quotes). This links to the Holman Christian Stardard Bible.

Other examples would be 'logosres:wbc38a;ref=Bible.Ro8.14;off=5181' to the Word Commentary Volume 38a with Bible reference Romans 8:14 and an offset of x-amount. Similarly 'logosres:wrkjonedwrds2;ref=Page.p_617;off=2842' links to the second volume of Jonathan Edwards Collected Works.

Although I've started experimenting I can't guarantee my determination to overcome this little issue seeing I have been a Logos user for sometime - Logos 6 being my current version.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    I don't know whether this thread is dead or still alive, but the example link information in the External Link Manager (starting with 'libronixdls:' is only good for Libronix and not for Logos 6.

Logos 6 has a variety of ways to link to external resources. On initial tests, one that seems to work quite well is, for example, 'logosres:hcsb;ref=BibleHCSB.Mt24.43' (without the quotes). This links to the Holman Christian Stardard Bible.

Other examples would be 'logosres:wbc38a;ref=Bible.Ro8.14;off=5181' to the Word Commentary Volume 38a with Bible reference Romans 8:14 and an offset of x-amount. Similarly 'logosres:wrkjonedwrds2;ref=Page.p_617;off=2842' links to the second volume of Jonathan Edwards Collected Works.

Although I've started experimenting I can't guarantee my determination to overcome this little issue seeing I have been a Logos user for sometime - Logos 6 being my current version.
    Thanks AndrewG and sorry for the delay in getting back. Using what you shared, I have been able to open the book I'm interested in, Theological Dictionary of the NT Abridged, with the following: logosres:tdnta. However, I can't figure out how to get it to open to the greek word I want. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    However, I can't figure out how to get it to open to the greek word I want. Any ideas?
    I am using LOGOS 7 and this works fine for me: libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=*<dummy>|l ang=el|scheme=beta|res="TDNT"

Edit: I just realized that you are using the abridged TDNT. My link is for the complete one - sorry.
    Last edited by Nord Zootman; 09-13-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nord Zootman View Post
    I am using LOGOS 7 and this works fine for me: libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=*<dummy>|l ang=el|scheme=beta|res="TDNT"

Edit: I just realized that you are using the abridged TDNT. My link is for the complete one - sorry.
    I just added an "a" to "TDNT" and it works perfectly! Thanks a lot, Nord.