Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aramaic Manuscript (Transcription) Project

I made verse map files for all 6 versions (the verse mappings are all identical). To whom can I send them so that they can be added to the zip file? Also, if someone already installed these Aramaic files, I can e-mail them to you. I cannot figure out how to attach them here for you to grab them.
    Mark Eddy
    Michael Hanel has added the verse map files to the zip file. So everyone can have them now.
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 10-04-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    I made verse map files for all 6 versions (the verse mappings are all identical). To whom can I send them so that they can be added to the zip file? Also, if someone already installed these Aramaic files, I can e-mail them to you. I cannot figure out how to attach them here for you to grab them.
    Mark Eddy

Mark you should still have my email address. Send it to me and I'll include it in the zip file and re-upload it when I can.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default updated VMF

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Mark you should still have my email address. Send it to me and I'll include it in the zip file and re-upload it when I can.
    This should now be fixed. The download address is the same: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/module/amp.zip
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Is there any other options for the Aramiac Tanakh?

I just bought Accordance Aramaic module... Is this really the best that is out there in regards of the Aramaic Bible for help on it?
    The Accordance Aramaic module in regards of the Law and the Prophets is only in Aramaic and NOT found in Hebrew letters with Nikkudot.

I heard they had the best source in regards of the Aramaic but.... So I bought it in the idea that it would have it in Hebrew letters yet only the New Testament is found with one module with Hebrew letters and the Nikkudot.

Default Cannot Find Manuscripts in the Analysis Window

I've somehow shot myself in the foot.

The only way I can get the manuscripts (any of them) to appear in the Analysis Window area is to click Image > Load Image in Viewer. Has someone had this problem?
    Glenn Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 14:3-5 View Post
    I've somehow shot myself in the foot.

The only way I can get the manuscripts (any of them) to appear in the Analysis Window area is to click Image > Load Image in Viewer. Has someone had this problem?
    Hi Glenn,

If you are talking about the files in http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/module/amp.zip, they are for BW versions, which when compiled following the instructions in the "Installing & Using the 'AMP' in BibleWorks.pdf" file included in that zip file, are available in the Browse Window.

If you are talking about the Mss tab of the Analysis Window, quite possibly you have dragged The Manuscript Image Pane closed, leaving only The Collation Pane (at top) and The Transcription Notes Pane (at bottom) showing.
    You should be able to drag the bottom border of your Manuscript Image Pane up to reveal the Manuscript Image Pane.
    If this isn't the problem, it would help if you could post a screen print of your situation.

--Jim

Smile Cannot Find Manuscripts in the Analysis Window

Hello Mr. Jim,

Dragging the bottom border up did it!

Thank you
    Glenn Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by AramLT View Post
    Hello Gilbert, I have the files available, but it doesn't seem that anybody has replied to my post above, which states "we're not sure where to post the files for download, so please advise how to get these to "Bibleworks: Old in the New" or wherever they should go." While I'm trying to find out the best way to post these files with the forum, I can also email them personally if you like. Again, there are t filezilla uc browser rufus hree different Peshitta manuscripts that have been transcribed at this point--each manuscript in two different scripts / fonts, for a total of six different modules. If you would like, please send me your email, and I will be glad to send the files. I will also need to send you instructions on installing them, which I will be happy to. Grace and peace, AramLT.
    much like the wonderful Greek manuscript transcriptions of Sinaiticus, Vaticanus, Alexandrinus, etc. contained in BibleWorks. Eventually, we would love to see BibleWorks express interest in bringing the actual manuscripts onboard to make something comparable to the Greek manuscript project, because many people will want to study the Apostolic Writings in their original Semitic tongue. There are three transcriptions available at this point in time: 1) Khabouris Codex - ca. 1100 CE; 2) Houghton Codex - 1199 CE; 3) Mingana Syriac 148 - 1637 CE. We've intentionally chosen these three manuscripts as the first batch of transcriptions, and the next batch will be aimed towards MSS. like Bl. Add. 14,470 - ca. 400-599 CE. Please advise if you are interested in the transcription files. They are simple user-created Bible Modules, both in the the traditional Hebrew square script, and in the Syriac Estrangella script, for a total of six files available right now. Again, we're not sure where to post the files for download, so please advise how to get these to "Bibleworks: Old in the New" or wherever they should go.
    Last edited by GATYRA; 11-02-2019 at 10:57 PM.