Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NIDNTTE (New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis)

Default NIDNTTE (New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis)

Bible Works 9 contains some useful Greek lexicons, such as BDAG and EDNT, but it does not have NIDNTTE (New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis), which is said to have been updated in 2014 and may be very comprehensive.

I was unable to find it in the electronic format on the Internet. Does anyone know whether the dictionary can be downloaded as an add-on for Bible Works? Or is there any other Bible software in which it is included?
    Last edited by Vlad Kotenko; 01-02-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Hi Vlad,

Logos, Accordance and OliveTree have it.

Bible dictionaries/encyclopedias are a big area of weakness for BibleWorks, IMHO. I presume this is related to the motto on the splash screen: "Focus on the text." Indeed it does, and it helps me to. But yeah, if the only included Bible dictionaries are still Fausset (1891), Easton (1897), and the ISBE (1915), it's a problem.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

WORDSearch also has it for $99.

I have expressed an interest to them to make it compatible with BW like their other BW modules, I am hoping to follow this up soon.

If others also express their interest it may result in something happening quicker, I for one would snap this up if it was BW compatible...

Quote Originally Posted by pbgroover View Post
    WORDSearch also has it for $99.

I have expressed an interest to them to make it compatible with BW like their other BW modules, I am hoping to follow this up soon.

If others also express their interest it may result in something happening quicker, I for one would snap this up if it was BW compatible...
    WORDSearch has only OT counterpart, as far as I know.

As for compatibility, it's a shame, how do you know it isn't?

You're right, WORDSearch only have NIDOTTE not NIDNTTE, my mistake.

NIDOTTE isn't mentioned in the modules compatible with BW, I have contacted WORDSearch to enquire if they can add it, so hopefully they can.

I have Logos Bible Software 4, but it does not have NIDNTTE. Perhaps newer versions of Logos Bible Software may have the above dictionary.

@pbgroover

oh, yes! Unfortunately, as I now look through the list, it has books from almost all major publishers except Zondervan. I think Zondervan simply wouldn't allow that...

@Vlad

What you have is engine. You actually may upgrade for free to Logos 6 engine, if you want (and I'd recommend that).

Dictionary itself you have to buy separately, and it costs quite a bit. It goes on sale from time to time to $160 (most often at OliveTree).

Just FYI, I just opened the last CBD catalog, and the updated NIDNTTE is listed at $149.99. That's the actual books. The nice part is that they won't ever become incompatible with your future Bible software or operating systems.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

haha, that is so true! Although here in Germany rarely something is cheap...
    Last edited by Rokas; 01-05-2016 at 02:00 PM.