Thread: Fail to launch BW9.0 on Mac

Default Fail to launch BW9.0 on Mac

Don't know why. I used to be able to launch it.
    It shows the initializing window. I expect to see the BW window show up after the initializing window disappears. However, it does not appear.
    I have re-installed the Mac-Installer. The problem still exists.
    Martin Zhang

I guess the problem is probably with the external monitor I am using.
    When I use the external monitor, then launch BW, BW shows up in the external monitor. But if I unplug the adapter, somehow Mac still thinks there is an external monitor, and BW is shown in that screen. And I have no way to bring it back to my Mac screen. Force quitting and re-launching doesn't bring it back either. And in this situation, even re-plug the adapter does not bring it back to the external monitor if I keep BW running! I have to force quit and relaunch to make it show up in the external monitor.

I think it happened occasionally to other apps before. So, I guess it is not a problem of BW.
    I don't know why it happens and how to fix it.
    Any help will be appreciated!

Blessings,
    Martin Zhang

I have found a post talking about the same problem with Final Cut Pro.
    Here is the link: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3228844?tstart=0
    It was solved: "All I need to do was just go to Window->Arrange->Standard and it collected all of the windows on my desktop."

But when I click "Window" on BW, everything is grey.
    Wonder if this problem can be addressed here?

Not sure if this problem is reproducible by anyone else. Here is what the above mentioned post says:
    "I was running a program (Final Cut Pro) on my macbook pro and had it displayed on an external monitor. I closed the application (it was still over on the external monitor when I did this), then disconnected the monitor. Now, with the external monitor disconnected, when I try to open the application, I can't see anything. The application is up and running--when I enable expose and click on all windows, the application shows up but won't let me drag it over to my macbook pro desktop. So basically it looks as though it is stuck over where the external monitor should be and I can't get it on my normal desktop."
    Martin Zhang

This seems to have temporary solved the problem.

"Does "Detect Displays" help in this case?
    You get that by opening the displays preference, and holding down the option key"
    (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7263733?tstart=0)

After doing this, I still don't get the BW window back. But after a force quit and restart, BW window shows up on the Mac monitor.
    Martin Zhang