Thread: Search crashes BW

Default Search crashes BW

I'm running a search correlating various forms of Y-SH-Ayin with forms of save/salvation/savior in the KJV. However, it's doing odd things. When I first run it, it tells me the inclusion/exclusion list can't be empty (it's not.) Then it crashes.

I've attached the search.YSHA.qfYSHA.qf
    Ben

This is a really strange one.

I am using window 7, BW 10.0.4.77

I tried your query, and BW crashed. Every time that I tried to construct a GSE query using an inclusion list BW crashed.

So I restored an older executable, and I could create and run GSE queries with inclusion lists.
    I tried several recent executables; all worked.
    So I restored the current one (10.0.4.77) and it worked OK this time!

The query you posted is badly corrupted -- both the WTM inclusion list and the KJV list have garbage in them, but when I ran the query after restoring the executable, it ran with a whole bunch of messages about non-existent words, and found nothing (as it should have given the garbage it was looking for) but it didn't crash.

Quite disturbing. In my restores I only restored the executable, left the Initialization and Context files alone. Makes it seem like your query managed to corrupt the executable -- scary thought.

I'm on Mac, but I've recreated it from scratch on my laptop, and it still crashes it. Very odd indeed.
    Ben

Default GSE crashes BW with IEL search

Yesterday, while using Win 8.1 with BW10.0.4.77, I found that the use of inclusion/exclusion lists in the GSE consistently produced problems (IEL corrupting after running the search) and led to BibleWorks crashing. I was working with a range of Greek texts. After some experimentation I reverted to 10.0.4.73 which works fine.

John
    --
    John Kendall
    Cardiff
    Wales

Aha. This should be fixed in an update later today!