Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HCSB Study Bible Notes are available for BW10

Default HCSB Study Bible Notes are available for BW10

WORDSearch currently have the HCSB Study Bible on sale, from $69.90 down to $0 (free of charge)

The best news is that it is also BW10 compatible, although not listed in their BW10 compatible section, you can use the WS installer to transfer to BW10 and the study notes then show up in the resources section in BW!

I am speaking with BW Customer support to see if it can also be linked to the VS1 tab like the ESV Study Bible and NET Bible notes, this would be a worthy addition! Either way it's good to have this resource for free in BW so go get it while you can!

Here's the link - https://www.wordsearchbible.com/products/28196

Paul - UK

Default Could you show us in detail how to convert it to work in BW10?

Hi, and thanks for the information. Can you post screenshots or detailed steps on how to get it into BW? I don't have WORDSearch on my computer, but from what you said, one has to use the WS installer to make the BW module, right? Thank you!

This page
    https://www.wordsearchbible.com/bible_works
    gives you a link to download the installer, and reasonably good instructions on how to use it.

--Jim

Default Thank you. Implications for installing WORDSearch modules on Mac version of BW10?

Thanks, Jim! I didn't realize there was a separate installer for BW to install WORDSearch modules. So that's good to know. I've downloaded it. However, it's an .exe file. How do I use it with the Mac version of BW10 which I have on my Mac? I can go to BibleWorks.app (Cmd-I on Mac says it's version "10-14"). If in Finder I choose "Show Package Contents", I can then dig down until I get to the drive c in the CrossOver "bottle" that holds BW10. Here's the file structure:

Name:  BW10 looking in Package Contents of Mac app for place to run WORDSearch exe file to add modules.png
Views: 350
Size:  79.8 KB

Perhaps someone (maybe from BW) can chime in and tell me how to get the .exe file from WORDSearch to run inside the BW Mac app so the modules show up.

Thank you!

Edit: typo
    Last edited by ETC; 11-24-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Default Here's where to find help for installing WORDSearch modules on a Mac running BW

Edward from BibleWorks support graciously sent me this info. It worked great.

The process to download and install WORDsearch modules for use in BibleWorks is a bit involved, but it can be done. We have posted an article on our BibleWorks Knowledgebase online that details the process. Use the link below to access that article.

Thanks for great support!

Default Linking to the VS1 tab

Glad you got the installer working, there are a few nice modules in WS that are worth pursuing, the Biblical imagery module is also currently on sale at a bargain price!

As mentioned above I spoke with BW Customer support (Edward) to see if the HCSB Study Bible notes can also be linked to the VS1 tab like the ESV Study Bible and NET Bible notes, but alas it cannot easily be done as not an official BW module. Edward suggested I post a message on the forum to see if anyone else may be able to help. I believe that the files that link the resource to the VS1 tab would be held in either or all of the follow file types, ending: rsz, vri, vrt, idx. Does anyone know or could help to make this possible? I guess all the raw data is already there in the resource file, but there needs to be something to link it to the VS1 tab. There are other resources that could be linked to the VS1 tab too.

Thanks Paul - UK

Thanks for pointing this out. Downloading now.

Just a note that on Windows 10 I had to run the WORDsearch Book Unlocker for Bibleworks in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Thanks for pointing this freebie out. It works great.
    Morten

Quote Originally Posted by pbgroover View Post
    Glad you got the installer working, there are a few nice modules in WS that are worth pursuing, the Biblical imagery module is also currently on sale at a bargain price!

As mentioned above I spoke with BW Customer support (Edward) to see if the HCSB Study Bible notes can also be linked to the VS1 tab like the ESV Study Bible and NET Bible notes, but alas it cannot easily be done as not an official BW module. Edward suggested I post a message on the forum to see if anyone else may be able to help. I believe that the files that link the resource to the VS1 tab would be held in either or all of the follow file types, ending: rsz, vri, vrt, idx. Does anyone know or could help to make this possible? I guess all the raw data is already there in the resource file, but there needs to be something to link it to the VS1 tab. There are other resources that could be linked to the VS1 tab too.

Thanks Paul - UK
    Here you can find what do you need.

https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...-the-Verse-Tab

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Into the file HCSBSB.chm there are no anchors numbered consecutively:
    Example in Matthew (open the HTML source):
    <p><span class="verse"><a name="ref" href="javascript:BwRef('Mat 1:1')
    <p><span class="verse"><a name="ref" href="javascript:BwRef('Mat 1:2-6')

I am not be able to link the file address in VS1 tab "ref???" (??? = 1,2,3....., 223, .....,301,....)
    Last edited by pasquale; 11-25-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Hi Pasquale,

Thanks for the link, I have read though and must confess that I don't understand it all. I was happy to find files there though for the Calvin commentaries which enable that resource to now open in the VS1 tab!

I couldn't locate the CHM file referred to above but I assume that it is difficult to link the resource by verse to the VS1 tab due to missing anchors?

So does this mean that it is not possible at all for the HCSB study notes to be linked to the VS1 tab or is there something that could be done to maybe make this possible?

Thanks Paul
    Last edited by pbgroover; 11-27-2015 at 09:23 AM.