Thread: Files too large for USB

Default Files too large for USB

I have a new tablet that runs Windows 10, it was cheap, and there is really not enough space to place Bibleworks directly onto the hdd. However, if I try to use a MicroSD (and a USB for that matter) it tells me that the files are too big, mainly the disc files which are in the CAB format. On my windows desktop, it won't let me unzip these files to make them smaller or move them in parts. Is there something I am doing wrong? I tried the BBW installer and it didn't help, it would get to about 4GB (the file limit size) and then have an error and shut down. Any Thoughts?
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Default File sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Sansom48 View Post
    I have a new tablet that runs Windows 10, it was cheap, and there is really not enough space to place Bibleworks directly onto the hdd. However, if I try to use a MicroSD (and a USB for that matter) it tells me that the files are too big, mainly the disc files which are in the CAB format. On my windows desktop, it won't let me unzip these files to make them smaller or move them in parts. Is there something I am doing wrong? I tried the BBW installer and it didn't help, it would get to about 4GB (the file limit size) and then have an error and shut down. Any Thoughts?
    The target drive has to be formatted exFat or NTFS if you are copying the cab files. This isn't necessary for the installed program but it is necessary for the files on the install USB. The shipping USB is formatted exFat for this reason. You can't use FAT32.

Mike

Well, you learn something new every day. Thank you for your reply, everything is working fine now.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!