Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Context/Word Tab Word Filter not working

  1. #1

    Default Context/Word Tab Word Filter not working

    Selecting/deselecting the parts of speech to include in the Context/Word Tab Word Filter dialogue box isn't having any effect on the results in the Analysis Window > Context tab. Am I missing something?

    Additionally, opening this dialogue box has the effect of transliterating all the Greek forms, but then they flicker back to Greek at some point. A bug?

    Thirdly, where is the option in the Context tab to toggle between lemmas and forms? Or this better accomplished using a different tab?

    Thanks for your help.

    I am using 10.0.4.77.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oecolampadius View Post
    Selecting/deselecting the parts of speech to include in the Context/Word Tab Word Filter dialogue box isn't having any effect on the results in the Analysis Window > Context tab. Am I missing something?
    I do not use the Context tab much, but since no one else has answered, I'll give it a try.
    The Context/Word Tab Word Filter dialogue box comes up when you right click anywhere in the list of words in the Context Tab. The word filters apparently work only when a morphology version is the active search version in the browse window. Since text versions do not tag words as to their part of speech, the context window would have no way to eliminate them. E.G. BGT lists the word kai, but does not list it as a conjunction. BGM, on the other hand identifies kai as a coordinating conjunction. So when BGM is your search version, if you uncheck "Conjunction," then the list of words in the Context tab will no longer display kai (or de, alla, etc.) But when you switch the search version to BGT, the kai will reappear in the Context tab. Make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by oecolampadius View Post
    Additionally, opening this dialogue box has the effect of transliterating all the Greek forms, but then they flicker back to Greek at some point. A bug?
    I do not see this happening. But I know that at other times when BW has to make a lot of calculations, if you have a slower computer, you can see a "flicker" before it displays correctly. Get a faster computer, and you probably will not notice the flicker. It just shows that BW doing a lot more calculations than you think might be involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by oecolampadius View Post
    Thirdly, where is the option in the Context tab to toggle between lemmas and forms? Or this better accomplished using a different tab?
    The answer to your first question shows what you need to do. Change the search version between a text version (to see forms) and a morphology version (to see lemmas). If there is another way, I do not know it.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 11-25-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •