Thread: Requesting a really easy favor

Default Requesting a really easy favor

I have been going around and around with BW's wonderful support staff, and this problem's ongoing. I need to ask a favor.

My problem: on two different Win10 computers on two different networks (a desktop and a laptop, work and home), fuzzy search keeps re-enabling itself. I never want it on; I always turn it off. But it turns itself back on.

The problem: this behavior won't reduplicate on the BW support agent's pc. Ever.Without going through everything we've tried so far, to be brief:

My request:
    1. Unless you can't live without it, turn your Fuzzy search off, right now.
    2. Use BW for 24 hours or so.
    3. Come back and tell me whether it has turned itself back on.

I just would like to know if I'm the only one experiencing it. If so, how weird that it's happening on two machines.

Thanks!

Dan, glad to help. Mine was already set to off and has never turned back on. I turn the Fuzzy search on and off from the right mouse context menu when in the command line. Is there another way to turn this off and on? If so, let me know. I will run various searches and open various tabs in the analysis window as well. I cannot imagine how or why you have this issue unless there is some step in your study process that triggers it. Or when you say on two networks, does that mean you are running BW from a server or cloud? If so, then my experiments will not provide any help. I am running BW10 for Mac. Will post back if it switches to Fuzzy.

I know these issues can be frustrating... hang in there.

Default Fuzzy Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    I have been going around and around with BW's wonderful support staff, and this problem's ongoing. I need to ask a favor.

My problem: on two different Win10 computers on two different networks (a desktop and a laptop, work and home), fuzzy search keeps re-enabling itself. I never want it on; I always turn it off. But it turns itself back on.

The problem: this behavior won't reduplicate on the BW support agent's pc. Ever.Without going through everything we've tried so far, to be brief:

My request:
    1. Unless you can't live without it, turn your Fuzzy search off, right now.
    2. Use BW for 24 hours or so.
    3. Come back and tell me whether it has turned itself back on.

I just would like to know if I'm the only one experiencing it. If so, how weird that it's happening on two machines.

Thanks!
    Dan. Send me your INI file and I'll take a look.
    You should have my e-mail address. I don't want to post it here.
    Mike

I seem to be experiencing this on Mac. But I'm running two different computers each with a dozen tabs. I've kept saying "wait, didn't I turn that off?" So I'm glad to hear I'm not going crazy.
    Ben

jfidel thanks so much for trying to help. I guess everyone else was busy.

Mike Bushell nicely asked for my info, I sent it, he found something in the coding, fixed it, posted an update, and I'm all-good!

Ben, have you been fixed since the update?

Great to hear!