Thread: English UserLex - Strong'number greek and hebrew

Default English UserLex - Strong'number greek and hebrew

I have edited for BW 10 "Strong UserLex":

1) 5511 greek words, public domain;
    2) 7937 hebrew words, public domain.

Instructions: Download the file and unzip it to the BibleWorks 10\UserLex\ folder. Already in that folder there should be a folder called \default\; the Strong UserLex files that you will unzip should be parallel to this \default\ folder, not put into the \default\ folder itself as a subfolder. Once you have done that, restart BibleWorks 10. In the Resources Window you can activate this UserLexicon by selection the Options menu in the UserLex tab and then Change user lexicon folder. Select the StrongUserLex folder and you will be good to go. Whenever you mouse over a Greek or Hebrew word in the Browse Window, the UserLex tab will be populated with greek or Hebrew lexicon entry.

Here is the link for download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/xt...ng_UserLex.zip

Default Greek accented characters not rendering properly

Thank you, Pasquale, for this. I can't get the Greek accented characters to show correctly. I'm doing this on the Mac version of BW10 (Version 10-14 14.0.3.28540). Apparently it's not reading Unicode correctly. Any thoughts on how to fix that?

Name:  Greek in UserLex 2015-11-16.png
Views: 196
Size:  61.3 KB

Hebrew transliteration isn't rendering correctly either.

Name:  Hebrew in UserLex 2015-11-16.png
Views: 208
Size:  50.8 KB

Another question: How can I change the font for the Hebrew in this window, too?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ETC View Post
    Thank you, Pasquale, for this. I can't get the Greek accented characters to show correctly. I'm doing this on the Mac version of BW10 (Version 10-14 14.0.3.28540). Apparently it's not reading Unicode correctly. Any thoughts on how to fix that?

Hebrew transliteration isn't rendering correctly either.
    The windows font is: Times New Roman

Could try to open the file Ἀβραάμ.bww (you could rename it as Ἀβραάμ.??? where ??? is Mac word processor file extension) with your Mac word processor to see if you read correctly the greek words.

Quote Originally Posted by ETC View Post
    Another question: How can I change the font for the Hebrew in this window, too?
    I dont' Know if it is possible...

Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by pasquale View Post
    The windows font is: Times New Roman

Could try to open the file Ἀβραάμ.bww (you could rename it as Ἀβραάμ.??? where ??? is Mac word processor file extension) with your Mac word processor to see if you read correctly the greek words.
    Hmm. I opened it with TextEdit on the Mac and the diacritics are rendered properly. Hmm. I guess it might be something with the CrossOver library which is interpreting BibleWorks for Mac.

Thanks for trying to help!
    Last edited by ETC; 11-16-2015 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo.