Thread: New Stuttgart Resources - Opinions Please

Default New Stuttgart Resources - Opinions Please

Howdy there!

Over the coming commercialized holiday season I am contemplating picking up a new Windows 10 computer of the utilitarian flavor (my newest Windows computer shipped with XP) specifically for running BibleWorks and MS Office, as I prefer BW on Windows over the Mac. I am also contemplating adding the Stuttgart resources that BibleWorks introduced recently, but I wanted to go on a fishing expedition for opinions from people that have actually purchased and are using the product(s). If you have purchased and are using the product(s), what features have been helpful to you in your work? I have a penchant for the Hebrew and Aramaic, although I'm not nearly as well versed in them as I'd care to be, so specifics related to the Hebrew would be especially most appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any opinions that you'd care to share with me.

Michael

Do you like to carry around Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia? Do you have the latest folios of BHQ? Do you enjoy paging through them, or would you like to have them readily available in BibleWorks?
    BHS has all the footnotes of the printed edition, which have not been previously available in BW. BHQ also contains the Massora parva and the Massora magna for the biblical books which are complete (only a handful of them).
    The OT Stuttgart bundle also includes the Rahlfs LXX footnotes, previously unavailable in BW, and footnotes for the Vulgate.
    If you use these, you either have to open up your printed copies, purchase the databases for use in brand L, or get them with BW10.
    If you never use such footnotes and simply search the Hebrew, LXX, and Vulgate texts, you do not need this bundle, since WTT, LXT, and VUL already contain the full biblical texts.
    It's your call.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    Do you like to carry around Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia? Do you have the latest folios of BHQ? Do you enjoy paging through them, or would you like to have them readily available in BibleWorks?
    BHS has all the footnotes of the printed edition, which have not been previously available in BW. BHQ also contains the Massora parva and the Massora magna for the biblical books which are complete (only a handful of them).
    The OT Stuttgart bundle also includes the Rahlfs LXX footnotes, previously unavailable in BW, and footnotes for the Vulgate.
    If you use these, you either have to open up your printed copies, purchase the databases for use in brand L, or get them with BW10.
    If you never use such footnotes and simply search the Hebrew, LXX, and Vulgate texts, you do not need this bundle, since WTT, LXT, and VUL already contain the full biblical texts.
    It's your call.
    Mark Eddy
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Brand L is always my last choice, FYI.

I'm off to purchase a license. Thanks!

Michael

OK, that's done. I grabbed the NT as well.

And here's a poke in the eye at Brand L to boot.