Thread: Results List copy problem?

Default Results List copy problem?

I think I'm doing things correctly, but I'm not getting desired results.

Here's the concept: I conduct a search. I want to export all the results to the clipboard in both the Greek (BGT) and the NRS.
    Below is how I set up a new favorite Output Format Options. Note that the settings are for the "Copy Selected Results List Verse"
    The problem is that only the one selected verse is outputted. (I.e., in the example below, only Mark 1.4 in BGT and NRS is copied.)

I've chosen "All Verses" but choosing "Checked Verses Only" when all are checked still only outputs the one selected verse.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe it's a bug. Any help?

Name:  bwverselistcopy.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  119.4 KB
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Glatfelter Professor of Biblical Studies
    United Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg & Philadelphia
    uls.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Mark,

It works for me if I use "Copy Verse List + Text", instead of "Copy Selected Results List Verse"

Name:  prtopt.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  159.6 KB

--Jim

Yes! That does it. Thanks, Jim. (Now I'm wondering what that Selected Results option is actually doing.)
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    uls.edu - CrossMarks.com

Hi Mark,

The "Copy Selected Results List Verse" is designed to only copy one verse at a time. It is useful when you are going through the Search Results list and you find a verse there that you want to copy, but when you do not want to copy the entire list.

To copy the entire list with verse content, "Copy Verse List + Text" is the option to use, as Jim mentioned.

To copy the entire list but only the verse references without verse content, "Copy Verse List (Not Text)" is the option to use.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    Hi Mark,

The "Copy Selected Results List Verse" is designed to only copy one verse at a time. It is useful when you are going through the Search Results list and you find a verse there that you want to copy, but when you do not want to copy the entire list.

To copy the entire list with verse content, "Copy Verse List + Text" is the option to use, as Jim mentioned.

To copy the entire list but only the verse references without verse content, "Copy Verse List (Not Text)" is the option to use.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Thanks. The "copy selected resultS list verse" is what led me me to think it was the way to copy multiple results, but it's the verse not the results that is referenced. Makes sense now.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    uls.edu - CrossMarks.com

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    Thanks. The "copy selected resultS list verse" is what led me me to think it was the way to copy multiple results, but it's the verse not the results that is referenced. Makes sense now.
    Probably your thinking was also influenced by the Copy Options menu. For "Copy Selected Results List Verse" it offers you a choice between "Checked Verses only" and "All Verses", when what it really gives you is the highlighted verse.
    In this case the developers didn't customize the Copy Options menu quite as much as they might have.

--Jim