Thread: User Notes Not Updating

Default User Notes Not Updating

Whenever I open a secondary browse window the user notes stop working. For example, if I am in the Use tab when opening a secondary browse window, then close the secondary browse window, and then click on the Notes tab in one of the two Analysis panes, the Notes tab doesn't change at all, but remains the same as the Use tab, or whatever other tab I was in before I opened the browse window.

Also, the new Help File update doesn't appear to be downloading properly. It only gives me 12k, tells me the 12k is complete, then when I click on the close button it tells me I should restart Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Whenever I open a secondary browse window the user notes stop working. For example, if I am in the Use tab when opening a secondary browse window, then close the secondary browse window, and then click on the Notes tab in one of the two Analysis panes, the Notes tab doesn't change at all, but remains the same as the Use tab, or whatever other tab I was in before I opened the browse window.

Also, the new Help File update doesn't appear to be downloading properly. It only gives me 12k, tells me the 12k is complete, then when I click on the close button it tells me I should restart Windows.
    There also seems to be a problem with the notes on my end. For some reason, BW10 doesn't open them up, even though "autoload" is checked: I can manually open the list of books (1Ch, 1Cl, 1Co, etc.), then go to a specific book and note, and open it. But as soon as I put the cursor over the browse window, the note disappears. Strange behavior...

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

When I opened the second browse window my notes worked untilI closed the second browse window. I moved to a different passage and the notes were still blank. Then I tried a different tab and notes still did not work properly.
    Chas

Default Disappearing notes

The disappearing notes with the secondary browse window close should be fixed now. Grab the latest post.
    Mike

Default Notes not loading

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    There also seems to be a problem with the notes on my end. For some reason, BW10 doesn't open them up, even though "autoload" is checked: I can manually open the list of books (1Ch, 1Cl, 1Co, etc.), then go to a specific book and note, and open it. But as soon as I put the cursor over the browse window, the note disappears. Strange behavior...

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France
    I reposted the Help file. Try the download now.

Is this on the native Mac version or running under an emulator on the Mac?
    The notes don't load one every verse change (on purpose). But they should load when you mouse over the browse window. Also make sure you have the "chapter" flag set to the right setting, depending what notes you want to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    The disappearing notes with the secondary browse window close should be fixed now. Grab the latest post.
    Mike
    Appreciate the fast work, but now when the updates are applied, BW says it can't finish shutting down (after the update) and that I should try to reapply the updates. I've tried this several times, but no joy.

Quick add-on: I manually shut down BW during the update restart with task manager, so I got it working that way, but if it's not specific to my system, it's going to be a problem for others.