Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free ePub book?

Default Free ePub book?

According to BW home page we can get a free copy of a epub book when purchasing BW10. Anyone know how to do that? I can't find anywhere to download and crossway.org doesn't appear to have any information on their site.
    Last edited by LarryW; 04-23-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Hello Larry,

I wrote to Bibleworks yesterday with the same question. Go to [the link at the bottom of your order email], select "ebook" format, and follow the instructions. Once you get the invoice, you can click on the line "access your eBook - ePub, Mobi in your Library" and that will allow you to download the book.

Regards,

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France
    Last edited by admin; 04-23-2015 at 06:36 PM. Reason: additional information added

It took a little while to figure it out on my end as well, but the e-mail you got when you first placed your order (not the later one with the activation codes) had the instructions on the very bottom.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

You're right. It's at the bottom of my receipt from BibleWorks. Guess I should have read the whole thing but wouldn't have expected it on a receipt but rather with the activation codes.

In any event, I've download and will install later.

Thanks all for help.

Crossway asked that the link be used by BW10 customers only, so I've edited the post above. Thanks.

Default More ePub Stuff

Have installed BW10 and put it through its paces for about twenty four hours now. It’s very slick, and a great pleasure to use coming from BW8. I watched a number of the videos before it arrived so I was able to hit the ground running when I installed it, and so far I have found everything very easy to use and easy to figure out. The whole thing is well conceived.

The double analysis window and the use tab seem to be pretty much everything I need. It places everything right at your fingertips. When I first started using BW years ago the first thing I asked for was colors. I told them I needed colors. Now I’ve finally got them in droves. Love it.

One feature I want to use is the ePub feature, so I have three questions:

1) What program would you recommend to use as a converter of mobi/kindle/etc. files to ePub files? I don’t mind paying a nominal fee if it’s a really good program. I have a lot of mobi/kindle files that I have the rights to, so I’d like to convert some of them to ePub format for use in BW.

2) Is there a list of ePub books that BW users are sharing, or something of that nature, that I can tap into?

3) I’ve checked every piece of email and paper that I received from BW, and I see nothing anywhere about a free ePub book. Can someone help me out with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post

3) Iíve checked every piece of email and paper that I received from BW, and I see nothing anywhere about a free ePub book. Can someone help me out with that?
    I may be mistaken, but I want to say that the Crossway offer was of the limited time variety, so it may no longer be valid, which is why you may not have received any information about it.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I want to say that the Crossway offer was of the limited time variety, so it may no longer be valid, which is why you may not have received any information about it.
    That's probably it. I received some emails in the recent past from Crossway offering a free ebook or two, but I wasn't interested so I didn't follow up, but I do remember that they were time sensitive.

Default ePub Icon?

Just a gentle rocking of the boat, but would anybody besides me like to have an ePub icon available for the toolbar?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    The email I got from BW announcing the release of BW10, dated 20 April 2015, included this pargraph:

Limited time offer from CrossWay: For those who purchase BibleWorks 10, with its new ePub capability, you can get a free ePub copy of Interpreting the New Testament Text and a 50% discount on all ebooks purchased at crossway.org between April 20 and May 3.

My order acknowledgement email from BW, dated 05 May 2015 (yes, I was 2 days late) said:

SPECIAL OFFER to BibleWorks 10 customers through May 3: Visit http://crossway.org/xxxxxx (and select ebook format) to receive a free ebook copy of INTERPRETING THE NEW TESTAMENT TEXT and a 50% discount on all ebooks purchased at crossway.org

--Jim