Thread: Database problem

Default Database problem

Hello, I have taken the NAS 1995 version and renamed the file with my name and am editing it with corrected translations and have compiled it into BW 8. In the NT everything looks fine, but when I look at some of the Psalms like Psalm 42, verses 1 and 2 are combined somehow in the new version and every verse is one verse off. I will attach a screenshot to show.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Ron Snider
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Ron Snider,
    Pastor-teacher, Makarios Bible Church

This is because the Hebrew verse 1 of many psalms is treated as a heading in the English translations, so it is included in verse 1 (along with the Hebrew verse 2) as one verse in English.
    You solve the display problem by opening the verse map file for NAU, copying the whole thing, then open the verse map file for your version (which is probably empty), and pasting the whole NAU.vmf into yours. After you save this change, everything should display correctly. If not, write back.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 08-17-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Default Database

I did what you said and copied the vmf file to my version and you were right, my version file was empty. However, after compiling, verse 1 looked fine, but the rest of the verses were still off by one...see screen shots. I also saw a file .vmc and copied the NAU version of that to my file...which was likewise empty.

Any other ideas, and appreciate the support,

Ron Snider
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Ron Snider,

I forgot to say that after you copy the verse map file contents, you have to save it under the new name rons.vmf. When you do that from within the verse map editor in BW, BW automatically creates the correct rons.vmc file. You should NOT copy the .vmc files. In some versions of BW a copied .vmc file prevented future changes made in the corresponding .vmf file. I suggest closing down BW, deleting your rons.vmc file using "My Computer" (it will be in your BW "databases" folder), then open BW again. BW will automatically look for the rons.vmc file. If it does not find it, it will create one based on your rons.vmf file. That should fix the problem.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 08-18-2015 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks so much Mark, did delete the vmc file and when it opened back up everything was correct. I am not a smart man, but these tools are great if one knows how to use them.

Thanks again for the resolution.

Ron Snider
    Ron Snider,