Thread: ePub display in Analysis Window

Post ePub display in Analysis Window

Why do I get this instead of a properly formatted TOC with the ebook "Interpreting the New Testament Text" from Crossway? Anybody else?

Name:  Captura.PNG
Views: 393
Size:  34.5 KB
    Last edited by Ruben Gomez; 08-07-2015 at 07:24 AM.
    Rubén Gómez

Ruben,

I haven't had any problem like what you're experiencing. Here's what mine looks like:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  67.3 KB
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

When you add a table of contents in Word, you can customize the way it appears. For example, you can select how many heading levels to show and whether to show dotted lines between the entries and the page numbers. You can also change the text formatting of your table of contents, and it will keep that formatting no matter how many times you update your table of contents.

I didn't add anything. I simply downloaded the ebook from Crossway and imported it into BW. It should work and display properly, but it doesn't. That's my point.
    Rubén Gómez

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Gomez View Post
    I didn't add anything. I simply downloaded the ebook from Crossway and imported it into BW. It should work and display properly, but it doesn't. That's my point.
    Have you contacted support? It's apparently not an issue with BW10 in general, so they'll need to work with you personally to figure out what's causing the problem.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Hi Ruben,

We tried to replicate the problem in the office on a few different machines, including PC (running Win7 and 8.1) and Mac, and we were unable to do so.

I suggest trying the following: First, make sure that you have the latest BW updates. I think there was something a while back that caused a problem like this, but it may only have been during beta testing. I don't remember for sure.

Now copy the original epub file to a subfolder of the main BibleWorks 10 folder. (You can create a new folder. Do NOT place it in the databases/epublib folder.) Once the file is copied there, close BibleWorks, then delete the folder for "Interpreting the New Testament Text" that is found under databases/epublib. Now open BibleWorks and import the epub file once again from the copy you placed in the BW subfolder. Perhaps there was a problem with the file import.

If there is still a problem after reimporting the epub file, please contact me. My email is gweaver followed by at sign and bibleworks.com.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Thanks, Glenn. I sent you an email.
    Rubén Gómez