Thread: Is my OS incorrectly given? Do Vista and 8.1 conflict?

Default Is my OS incorrectly given? Do Vista and 8.1 conflict?

In my BibleWorks from the 'Help' menu I open 'About BibleWorks' and note I have 'BibleWorks 9, Windows Vista/7 Release'. The version is 9.0.12.707. Yet in 'System Info' I see I have Microsoft Windows 8.1. Should my Bible Works correspond with my OS? The Vista and 8.1 seem to conflict.
    Please help.
    Noel Fitzpatrick
    Dublin
    Ireland

Since no one answered this, I believe that BW9 was released when Windows 8 was not yet available. Once Windows 8 came out, the info in "About Bibleworks" wasn't updated. But I think it should run just fine on Windows 8. So as long as it runs without any problems, there is nothing to worry about. Or do you have some issues?

Rokas,

thanks for your reply.

The program runs fine, but a bit slow.

I am trying to understand in detail BW, so my query was for clarification.

I am very pleased with your reply; I appreciate it.
    Noel Fitzpatrick
    Dublin
    Ireland

Noel,

my pleasure!

What do you mean by a bit slow? Is searching slow, or is it slow to open, or something else? You could post some times for comparison.

By the way - it's nice you try to understand BW in detail - it's so powerful, and so many (including me) miss out much of its power by simply not taking time to dig deeper.

Rokas,

thanks for your reply to me.

For years I focused on Logos in my Bible studies, but recently I am using BW 9 again. Partially to see if BW 10 would be worth buying for me.

When I say BW is slow I mean that when I click the BW icon it takes a while for the program to open. It is not really a problem, as my HP Notebook, with 8 GB RAM and Windows 8.1, is slow.

Currently my plan is to learn more features/tricks in BW.
    Noel Fitzpatrick
    Dublin
    Ireland

I see. Indeed the first time you open it it's quite slow, but afterwards everything works very fast. And if you close and re-open BW without shutting down your notebook, the second time it should load much faster.

I personally own both Logos and BW. They are complimentary for me. Lately I've been to some extent ignoring that "more" in Logos and using BW (with their motto "focus on the text") to get as much juice as possible from the text alone. I'll see how it goes