Thread: Daniel text of Septuagint - Not Theodotion

Default Daniel text of Septuagint - Not Theodotion

I'm doing some research into the Book of Daniel and my Septuagint chops are rusty. I need to locate a version of the Book of Daniel that is not the Theodotion rendition. Would this be in Swete's or another available version?

My next question would be if this is available, is it available as a BibleWorks version that someone has made available to others?

Thank you,
    Michael

I am not totally sure what you are seeking. But I can tell you that in BibleWorks in the Greek LXX databases the book "Dan" is not Theodotion's version (that is "Dat"). If you are looking for an English translation of Dan, not Dat, BW10 now includes NETS (A NEW ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF THE SEPTUAGINT) which has separate translations of both Dan and Dat. So you don't need a user database.
    Mark Eddy

Default Thanks!

I'll take a look at the BibleWorks LXX Daniel and see if it has what I need.

Other places to check for LXX texts:
    Swete's OT in Greek
    Cambridge OT in Greek (McLean)
    Field's Hexapla: vol 1 vol 2

BTW, these are the kind of links I put in my ERMIE in BW so that I have them handy when I need them.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    Other places to check for LXX texts:
    Swete's OT in Greek
    Cambridge OT in Greek (McLean)
    Field's Hexapla: vol 1 vol 2

BTW, these are the kind of links I put in my ERMIE in BW so that I have them handy when I need them.
    Oh, I do surely appreciate these links. I shall follow suit and set these up for easy access from within BibleWorks. Thank you kindly for sharing this.

Default A Comparative Study -

Here is a link that someone reading this message thread may wish to also incorporate into their ERMIE stash:

A Comparative Study of the Theodontionic and Septuagint Translations of Daniel http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00001421/00001/1x

I fear that I'm not adept at executing pretty links with VBulletin.