Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 Compatibility?

Default Windows 10 Compatibility?

Will BW10 be immediately compatible with Windows 10?
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Default Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Will BW10 be immediately compatible with Windows 10?
    Initial reports are that there won't be any significant issues. But we have not done an exhaustive test. If there are issues we will fix them quickly of course.
    You know of course that Microsoft skipped a version number to go to 10. Just a coincidence that BibleWorks is at 10 now? Or did they just want to be in synch with BibleWorks?
    Mike

Thanks, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Or did they just want to be in synch with BibleWorks?
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Initial reports are that there won't be any significant issues. But we have not done an exhaustive test. If there are issues we will fix them quickly of course.
    You know of course that Microsoft skipped a version number to go to 10. Just a coincidence that BibleWorks is at 10 now? Or did they just want to be in synch with BibleWorks?
    Mike
    Will you still be supporting Bibleworks 9 on Windows 10, or just Bibleworks 10?

Thanks!

Default BW9 om W10

Quote Originally Posted by haydnguy View Post
    Will you still be supporting Bibleworks 9 on Windows 10, or just Bibleworks 10?

Thanks!
    Both will be supported on Win 10.

Y'all will get a kick outta this: https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...-in-windows-10

I think I'm gonna look in my Win95 or 98 stuff and fish out that wonderful Hebrew macro in Word that used to work so well. Remember when it attached to Word 98 or 95 progs at installation? I still have BW5 separate from my other licenses so it would be fun to try. For if Word95 can run in Win10, so will BW5 and presumably thus BW10.

Which would be my only reason for wanting Win10.
    Last edited by brainout; 06-30-2015 at 06:24 AM. Reason: typo
    @brainouty on twitter, 'Brain Outy' on Youtube, brainout on vimeo. Specializing in Bible dateline/prophetic/Autograph validating meter which since John Knox scholars sought but didn't find. We found it in 2008 and document it pan-Bible.

Mike
    That, plus they went with 10 because 789.

Ahem.

So anyway, Win10's ready to install on my laptop. Any update on compatibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post

Ahem.
    The only possible justification, and even this is really stretching it, is that you have a child of a certain age.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post

Ahem.

So anyway, Win10's ready to install on my laptop. Any update on compatibility?
    Been running BW10 on Windows 10 for an hour now, no problems whatsoever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    The only possible justification, and even this is really stretching it, is that you have a child of a certain age.
    Would grandkids of certain ages count?

Actually, in this case, I got that from a Microsoft person!