Thread: BW10 on MacBook Air / MacBook Pro?

Default BW10 on MacBook Air / MacBook Pro?

Howdy,

Long time BibleWorks user here that jumped ship after moving away from the Microsoft vortex and into the luxurious world of OS X. I'm contemplating purchasing the BW10 upgrade to run on two Macs and a rusty ThinkPad alongside my Accordance installs. Both Macs have 8GB of ram and i7 processors. Both run SSD drives (2 in the 17" Pro). Will I be looking at any issues running/installing BW10 on the Macs?

The ThinkPad is a T61p with 8GB ram and a 1TB disk. It sports Windows 7 Pro and I turn it on every 4-5 months to run a glut of OS updates from Microsoft, after which it generally gets put away. I don't recollect what core 2 duo chip this thing has, but I bought it with the second most powerful processor offered for this model.

Anywho, I'd appreciate any feedback on what to expect if I drop the cash to buy the BW10 upgrade. I miss using BW, but I can't really stomach Windows anymore and I'm really a UNIX/Linux leaning soul.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Michael

The BW 10 upgrade is a real plus for Mac owners. I have found the installation process and use to be very acceptable with the exception of the resources in CHM format. To be honest, I did not care for that format when I was using BW in Windows, but it still needs some work in the Mac version. I started with BW 9 Mac beta and I am impressed with the commitment to make BW compatible with the Mac as much as possible. I recommend you spend the money and install it and if you find it does not meet your needs then use the 30 return policy.

If you have specific questions, let me know.

I certainly thank you for taking the time to respond, and I'm feeling like it looks to be a viable tool on the Mac. I see that just today improvements were made available to the Mac users.

My budget opens up in a couple of weeks and I'm good to go on the purchase then.

Thanks again,
    Michael

Default Macbook Pro

Hi

It works great on my Macbook Pro, Also work well with Windows 7 or 8 under parallel or VMware.

Default Just Ordered!

BibleWorks is a great deal for the money, which actually keeps me coming back. I've been a user since BW4.

I'm looking forward to this new release and testing it out on the Macs. I have a Windows machine with a fresh Win7 install ready for it as well.

If you actually want to focus on the Word of God in the original languages without dealing with a huge marketplace full of fluffy "christian" materials, then it's tops.

Default All installed and running

BW10 installed very nicely and runs like a champ on my Mac. I do not think that I have ever run into a Windows program that spins this nicely with an emulation layer glued under it. As usual, the folks at BibleWorks are extremely adept at programming and other technical aspects that are required to pull of a feat such as this. Nice job!

I'm interested in a laptop for basic needs: email, surfing the web, music, word processing, quick load time for programs, multiple windows open at once.

Default Bible works 10 installed on a Mac.

I was amazed that it went so well, then a message came on the screen to update the Mac installer, so dutifully I said yes! Thats when things went wrong. The program showed up on the screen twice and would not close. I finally got it to close, then restarted my computer. Now it's great and working just like it did on my PC. Hate that thing, love the Mac.

I thought that I needed to have windows on my computer to get this to work, when I contacted a senior member a year ago I was convinced to buy this program "Fusion 5" which creates a virtual windows and would allow BibleWorks to install. I never did that, I still have that program in it original box sitting on my desk, if anyone wants it. I just finished installing BibleWorks 10 on my new Mac Mini, and it works just fine and I didn't have to install windows on it. I'm sure the Lord is smiling about this one!
    Jim T.