Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in Bibleworks 11?

Quote Originally Posted by jarnett0001 View Post
    I would love to see the Oxford Latin Dictionary as well as the Dictionary of Ecclesiastical Latin (Stelten). Would love to have it function like the BDAG and others in that when you move over a word in the Latin text it shows that entry in the analysis window. Some Latin grammar modules would be fantastic as I am gearing up to learn Latin now to eventually do a PhD in Molinism and the source material is in Latin, but I also have an interest in the Latin Bible.
    Just making sure you are aware of the VULM version in BW. It uses Whittaker's Words, but that does a pretty good job of declining and providing glosses.
    Also (and I can't recall if this is standard with BW or one I created), I have created external links to get lemma morphology and usage at Perseus, and once you're in Perseus, you have Lewis and Short.
    I'll attach a pic of my ELM=External Links Manager setup. Here is the full command line:
    http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/morph?&lang=la&lookup=<dummy>
    Name:  BW.ELM.Latin.png
Views: 786
Size:  20.5 KB
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Glatfelter Professor of Biblical Studies
    United Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg & Philadelphia
    uls.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Default New versions in BibleWorks 11?

Hello. I'm a Spanish user. I'm enjoying a lot BibleWorks as a new user since two months. Nevertheless, I miss in it some Spanish version of the Bible. At the moment, in my opinion, the best spanish version (for Spain) is the recent translation of "Conferencia Espiscopal Espaņola". And another one is the translation of the University of Navarrere. Will the Spanish users have the good fortune to have some of these versions? Thank you very much.

Default A Typical American CONSUMER Christmas List

Can y'all increase the number of manuscript zoom size choices? For example, could you put one or two size choices in between 25% and 50%?

Glenn

Default Saving the BW environment without exiting.

I have submitted the following to https://www.bibleworks.com/ideas.html.
    I am mentioning it here to see if others have felt this particular need.

It would be great to have a "File" menu option that would save the user's environment, optionally with checkpoint, without having to exit and restart BW.
    Simple example: when I coloured the Revised Common Lectionary passages, I had several abends, possibly caused by problems with the Lectionary file. The colour files are only saved on exit from BW, so this feature would have saved me time and grief.

--Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jim wert View Post
    i have submitted the following to https://www.bibleworks.com/ideas.html.
    I am mentioning it here to see if others have felt this particular need.

it would be great to have a "file" menu option that would save the user's environment, optionally with checkpoint, without having to exit and restart bw.
    Simple example: When i coloured the revised common lectionary passages, i had several abends, possibly caused by problems with the lectionary file. The colour files are only saved on exit from bw, so this feature would have saved me time and grief.

--jim
    yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Ability to paste Hebrew text into the search field. Paste any text, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by galencurrah View Post
    Yes, please! And (though this may have been mentioned before) the ability to navigate in the command line using Ctrl-key combinations, e.g., Ctrl+LeftArrow to move to the previous word.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Yes, please! And (though this may have been mentioned before) the ability to navigate in the command line using Ctrl-key combinations, e.g., Ctrl+LeftArrow to move to the previous word.
    David, I may be misunderstanding what you are asking, but you can navigate through previous command line entries by clicking in the command line and using the Up and Down arrows.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by galencurrah View Post
    I am not sure exactly what you want to do, but you CAN already paste anything onto the command line, so that you can search on it. But ...
    1) you have to have typed the proper search symbols on the command line first (e.g. . / ! ' etc.)
    2) you either have to delete the vowel pointing and accents or have checked the General Hebrew Option "Search on Hebrew versions is vowel point sensitive" or General Greek Option "Search on Greek versions is accent sensitive" and have the appropriate search version already selected.
    3) you may perhaps have to change your Copy Options. E.g. I have one of my copy options set to include the biblical reference. If I paste that onto the command line, I then have to delete the biblical reference.

4) A better way may be ...
    a) you highlight the text you want to search in the browse window, right click on it, and choose "Search for Phrase"
    b) you click on an individual word in the browse window, right click on it, and choose "Search on Form" or "Search on Lemma" or "Search on Word" depending on what language you are using.

With all these options available, what are you seeking to do which you cannot already do?
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    David, I may be misunderstanding what you are asking, but you can navigate through previous command line entries by clicking in the command line and using the Up and Down arrows.
    Lee, what I want to do is not scroll through previous commands, but once a command is on the Command Line, move back and forth within it a word at a time instead of just a character at a time, and using keyboard shortcuts rather than mouse clicks. Ctrl+LeftArrow = previous word, Ctrl+RightArrow = next word, as in most word processors and text editors.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia