Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in Bibleworks 11?

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fitzpatrick View Post
    Here is a small suggestion.
    I am looking at the the Help Contents from the beginning. They are in numerical order, but some numbers are omitted. It would be helpful if these were added, maybe by splitting some sections.
    First of all, let me just say, to use the vernacular, dude! Reading all the way through BW Help--I salute you!

Second, I totally agree that the long, long, sections could use splitting up.

Third, which numbers are omitted?
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fitzpatrick View Post
    Here is a small suggestion.
    I am looking at the the Help Contents from the beginning. They are in numerical order, but some numbers are omitted. It would be helpful if these were added, maybe by splitting some sections.
    I suspect that your "omitted numbers" are not omitted, only hidden.
    BW10 help, like its parent program, is a complex critter. The Help table of contents can be displayed in two ways:
    1. Display the "Contents" tab of the left pane of the Help window. If only one pane is showing, click on the "Show" button in the top left corner of the help window.
      This displays a list of topics, beginning with "Contents" (unnumbered) followed by topics 1 (Welcome) through 77 (Bibliography Entries). I don't think there are any gaps in these numbers.
    2. If you have carried out 1. above, click on the first line of the left pane contents (the unnumbered "Contents"). A more detailed, unnumbered table of contents will be displayed in the right (main) pane of the help window. (this same table of contents will be displayed automatically if you got to the help window from the menu / "Help" / "BibleWorks Help Contents")

These two presentations of the contents of BW help (hereafter to be referred to as "left help" and "right help") differ in several ways.

The right help is broken down into more detailed categories, so you may be able to get to your final destination sooner.
    The two helps are generally in the same order, but not always, (this may source of your omitted numbers) and don't always use the same wording for their titles. I have not done an exhaustive examination, but have found these exceptions:

• Right help has "Database Overview" between "68 Solving Problems and Getting Help" and "69 Abbreviations". If you click on "Database Overview" you go to "2 BibleWorks 10 Full Contents"
    • Discussions of Analysis window tabs are not always in the same order in Left and Right helps.

I am aware of two Left help topics that are not included in Right help (but are both available as help choices from the main menu):
    • 7 BibleWorks How-to Videos
    • 77 Bibliography Entries

Caveat: the above is true for the release of BW10 help that I have installed.

I apologize for the above. My children have flown the nest, so I rarely now hear the plea "Daddy, the short answer please."

--Jim

export KWIC search results in unicode hebrew font, rather than bwhebb

without having to use an ms word VBA macro

so far one still has to use the ms word VHA macro solution that is discussed here
    https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/arc...hp/t-5086.html

Default KWIC Unicode

Quote Originally Posted by ralphza View Post
    export KWIC search results in unicode hebrew font, rather than bwhebb

without having to use an ms word VBA macro

so far one still has to use the ms word VHA macro solution that is discussed here
    https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/arc...hp/t-5086.html
    Look in the options menu of the KWIC module. It has an option to turn on unicode.

Mike

Default Dynamic Fonts and Flow Please

Dynamic Fonts: Just as we can apply colors and formatting to works, I would like the ability to update key words with unique fonts. I would love for this to be in the current 'Apply Colors to Selected Text' tool.

As I result, I could use the font 'Impact' every time the word 'Law' is used.

Dynamic Flows: I would also love to be able to add a special return character in the text, that would allow a kind of indenting within the standard text. It would be especially cool if I could add that special return character via the same color tool mentioned above. If I search on any word, I could have an option to add an 'In Verse Line Break' before or after the words in the search results. It would also be nice to be able to add indenting to those lines.

ESV 1 Pet. 3:9 Do not repay evil for evil
    or reviling for reviling,
    but on the contrary, bless,
    for to this you were called,
    that you may obtain a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    In most HTM based resources in BW, including the ones you mentioned, the text size can be changed using the Alt key and the mouse scroll-wheel.
    Mike

Didnotworkforme.

Default Modern Language Bible

It's strange you can't get the Modern Language Bible easily electronically. It was a really worthwhile version, with great translators: Gleason Archer, S. Lewis Johnson, J. Barton Payne, Merrill F. Unger, Leon J. Wood, a host of luminaries. I'd love iit in my beloved BW.

Info:
    Modern Language Bible
    Verkuyl, Archer, Payne, a host of luminaries
    Hendrickson Publishers
    Revised August 31, 2005 (it says, though I think the tr was in the 70s)
    ISBN-10 1565639316
    ISBN-13 978-1565639317
    http://amzn.to/2fSo33M

Default Latin Vulgate

To be able to put the mouse cursor over a word in the Latin Vulgate and have the difinition popup as it does with the greek and hebrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Suprak View Post
    To be able to put the mouse cursor over a word in the Latin Vulgate and have the difinition popup as it does with the greek and hebrew.
    BW 10 does have an available module VULM, which is the VUL with morphology, but as version notes. Thus you can get the analysis of each word in a verse in the Analysis tab; but not in popups on each word. So that's a step toward what you want, and does make the info available, though not as conveniently.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Default Rabbinic texts in Hebrew

Shalom all.

For those who asked, I would like to see more rabbinic resources in Hebrew / Aramaic, catered towards the Jewish audience. This would include texts like the Talmudim, Midrashim, mepharshim, etc. I'm aware of what's already available in English (and grateful), but BW's powerful search functionality would be amazing for these texts in the original languages.

AramLT