Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in Bibleworks 11?

Default Enhancements to ERMIE

Ermie is a great tool for collecting information. Extremely useful. But might I suggest the following enhancements:

1. When adding an item if you forget to click 'create item' or 'create folder' could we have the usual dialog box 'do you want to save?' or something similar. Currently entries are simply discarded.
    2. I'm sure this will be done anyway but can you change from using IE to using Edge browser? Better still allow the user to select a browser of choice.
    3. Could we have an option to display the resource selected at the side rather than only at the bottom of the main window?
    4. Many websites require login. Would it be possible to save (encrypted) and provide login details to auto-login.
    5. When adding an item it would be good to allow it to appear in more than one folder (perhaps by allowing a shortcut within ERMIE) without having to make the entry twice.
    6. It would be good to have the option to add notes to an item. A reference as to an item's importance or reason for including it or even to a page within the site or document referenced.
    7. A search facility would be fantastic. This is almost essential as a catalog gets larger.

Sorry for so many suggestions. Just thought I'd pass them on as I've been using ERMIE today.

Mark

Default Kindle Search!!!!!

Okay, so you would be miles ahead if you could pull this off. Figure out a way to search my Kindle library and I'll never open Logos again. Just sayin'.

Default LaTeX output

LaTeX formatting for Bible and resource export would make the complicated macros I write to massage the text after the fact unnecessary. The ability to tweak the output from the Bibleworks side, things like verse number superscripting, would be nice, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomSF View Post
    The ability to tweak the output from the Bibleworks side, things like verse number superscripting, would be nice, too.
    You can already do this. In the "BW Options Window" check out the "Output Format Options" for the "Selected Browse Text." You can change the defaults, plus add Favorite Settings for Browse Window Copy Menu.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    You can already do this. In the "BW Options Window" check out the "Output Format Options" for the "Selected Browse Text." You can change the defaults, plus add Favorite Settings for Browse Window Copy Menu.
    Mark Eddy
    I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I don't see LaTeX output in the BW Output Format Options windows. I'm not specifically looking for superscript, but LaTeX output. When I mentioned superscript, I was only using it as an example of some of the detail I'd like to see for LaTeX output.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomSF View Post
    I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I don't see LaTeX output in the BW Output Format Options windows. I'm not specifically looking for superscript, but LaTeX output. When I mentioned superscript, I was only using it as an example of some of the detail I'd like to see for LaTeX output.
    I specifically did not refer to your first sentence about LaTeX, because I am not familiar with it, and it is not in BW. I referred only to what BW can already do. Obviously it is not all that you would like it to do.
    Mark Eddy

Default Tablet (iPad) Compatible BW Application

I would love to see a tablet version of BW. Many times I am in situations where I can't bring my laptop, but my tablet would be perfect!

Thanks,

Terry

I know it has been addressed before, but I would appreciate a "truly," "fully," "actually" Mac designed version of Bibleworks. I realize that as soon as this request is made the developers are quick to say "but it IS a native Mac application." Blah, blah, blah. Anyone who has spent anytime with Mac and the OS X operating system knows that Bibleworks for Mac does not look and act like a native Mac application. From the moment it starts up with the startup screen temporarily taking over the system, it is apparent that it is not of OS X progeny. It doesn't integrate into the operating system and play nice with other Mac applications, so for example, when we seek to do something simple like "copy to Word" - that feature is completely unavailable for Mac users.

Anyway, I really do like BibleWorks, but I wish that they would take us Mac users a bit more seriously.

I'm probably repeating myself, but two things:

1. Something like Word's Format Painter button
    2. Modern Language Bible

Default back buttons, Logos-sync & App

• I would like to see back buttons that allow me to go to previous layouts of the entire screen,
    • ...and also a backbutton for each individual window that is open.
    • I'd also like to see a way to link BW with Logos in such a way that windows can scroll together in both programs. I am currently using this feature with Logos and Paratext and it works great. Would be nice if BW could do that too.
    • Lastly, I'd REALLY like to see an App version of BW to use on my phone and tablet. (Android please)