Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in Bibleworks 11?

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    You could also use two analysis windows and set one to browse like this:
    I also see that parallel verses dialog box does what I want also.

I've been saving my dimes, nickels and pennies, but at this late stage will there be a BW11 or should I look elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    I've been saving my dimes, nickels and pennies, but at this late stage will there be a BW11 or should I look elsewhere?
    I'm sure there will be, but I'm also sure it won't be released until the folks at BW are convinced it's a substantial upgrade. Since its release, several neat little upgrades have been made to BW10 (such as the DIC tab) which have been available for free, so one expects whatever comes with BW11 will be significantly more than that.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to support a software company that rolled out a new version every year just to keep the income flowing. I'm glad BW follows a different business model.
    Last edited by Lee; 07-10-2017 at 05:36 PM.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'm sure there will be, but I'm also sure it won't be released until the folks at BW are convinced it's a substantial upgrade. Since its release, several neat little upgrades have been made to BW10 (such as the DIC tab) which have been available for free, so one expects whatever comes with BW11 will be significantly more than that.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to support a software company that rolled out a new version every year just to keep the income flowing. I'm glad BW follows a different business model.
    Ditto here Lee!!

Gilbert

Default Late Stage Looking?

Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    Crossnote: If recent history is any indication, we're still at the early stage. I'd spend your wad now on a few good books and then start putting aside $0.50 a day for BW11. You should be fine.

Default CSB 2017 Revision

I would like to have the update to the HCSB, the 2017 CSB. Would be nice to not have to wait for BW11 to have it.

Are there any plans for this to happen?

Default Holman CSB 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsusername View Post
    I would like to have the update to the HCSB, the 2017 CSB. Would be nice to not have to wait for BW11 to have it.

Are there any plans for this to happen?
    It was posted some time ago. Check the BW10 updater.
    Mike

Default Diagramming William Mounce Style

Just like you can do Leedy Greek NT diagramming I would like a generic tool that I can break down any section of verses using "William Mounce" "Phrasing style of diagramming.

Default Recommendations for BibleWorks 11

Great day all,

I would like for the Leiden Peshitta Tanakh to be *tagged*, instead of just plain text. I'm grateful to have it even in plain text, but since the targums are already tagged, and since the information comes from the same source (the CAL Lexicon, which has definitions for the Peshitta Tanakh as well), I would think that it wouldn't be too difficult to have the LPEH tagged in BibleWorks.

I would also like the biblical Dead Sea Scrolls in original languages--not just the sectarian texts. Again, I'm grateful for the latter, but the actual biblical text would be great. (I already have the Wise-Abeg-Cook English translation, and the sectarian texts).

I would also like a "Find on page" function, which would allow an extra layer of useful functionality in the Browse window to quickly locate certain words that weren't the initial search term. This would also be beneficial for works non-biblical works (primarily English translations), which have large chapters or verses. I want to be able to search for any work quickly with Ctrl+F (as in most programs), in tandem with having performed a typical search using the command line. This would allow for finding words *near* other words more quickly, but not necessarily within the same verse.

Thank you for all that you do BibleWorks Team. This program continues to bless me.
    AramLT

Smile Same here!

"...Thank you for all that you do BibleWorks Team. This program continues to bless me."

Blessings!!
    Gilbert