Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with exporting Greek and Hebrew from analysis window to clipboard

Hi,
    I would like to ask a somewhat related question: Is it possible to copy Command Line text as unicode?
    I get text like this: Ćihsouj cristoj

I have been unable to find a setting that allows for understandable copy-paste lines from CL.

That would be a very nice thing to have as well - if BW in any case is going to work on the font issues.

Morten

The command line is meant for BW internal consumption. That is, it gives commands to the software to find something. And this does not use Unicode. So, if you want to share a command line example with us, you have to change fonts. Unicode export is intended for academic purposes. And I can't imagine what academic paper would include what BibleWorks search string you used.
    Mark Eddy

Well, no, not in an academic paper, but for teaching purposes it would be really nice - and perhaps at times when you want to save a string for later use.
    Morten

Default Saving Command Line searches

Hi Morton,

Exporting the Command Line search string as Unicode would not really be useful. The font conversion would alter the input characters, making it impossible for users to know what characters to input on the Command Line. (I assume that the people to whom you would send or display the Command Line string would have BibleWorks.)

However, it is possible to save the Command Line search for future use or for distribution to other BibleWorks users. You can right-click on the Command Line and select "Save Command Line" on the context menu. You can name the saved Command Line search and distribute that file to others. You can load a saved Command Line search by right-clicking on the Command Line and selecting "Load Command Line" from the context menu.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Default Unformatted Unicode Output

We added unformatted Unicode output as an option in the Editor right click "paste special" menu. Also copying text from the Browse Window or Analysis Tab will not out unformatted Unicode text on the clipboard along with the other formats available before. Be aware this by its very nature the exported text is limited to a single font and it has to be one that has all the Unicode characters in the source text. Arial Unicode MS, Times Roman and the SBL Biblit fonts are good starters. In BW 10.0.3.354 and later. Grab the latest exe.

This feature may be OS dependent. It may not work on older versions of Windows or on the Mac version. It has only been tested on Win 8 so far.

Mike
    Last edited by MBushell; 05-13-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    We added unformatted Unicode output as an option in the Editor right click "paste special" menu. Also copying text from the Browse Window or Analysis Tab will not out unformatted Unicode text on the clipboard along with the other formats available before. Be aware this by its very nature the exported text is limited to a single font and it has to be one that has all the Unicode characters in the source text. Arial Unicode MS, Times Roman and the SBL Biblit fonts are good starters. In BW 10.0.3.354 and later. Grab the latest exe.

This feature may be OS dependent. It may not work on older versions of Windows or on the Mac version. It has only been tested on Win 8 so far.

Mike
    This is a great modification of the analysis window! M. Bushell's explanation appeared somewhat cryptic to me, and I actually didn't really understand what it meant until I opened the description of the latest update. What it means (at the very least) is that Rokas' request to be able to copy directly from the analysis window into unicode is now possible. So Rokas, you should now be able to take text directly from the analysis window and import it into Anki.

This is actually very helpful, as I had already noticed that, generally, when I wanted to export information from the analysis window into an Internet format (discussion forums, etc.), the unicode characters were lost in the transition. This makes things much more helpful for that kind of operation. Now if we could also get the same unicode output for the CHM files, that would be (almost) perfect bliss!

Thank you Michael and all the folks at BW!

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Default Unicode export

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    This is a great modification of the analysis window! M. Bushell's explanation appeared somewhat cryptic to me, and I actually didn't really understand what it meant until I opened the description of the latest update. What it means (at the very least) is that Rokas' request to be able to copy directly from the analysis window into unicode is now possible. So Rokas, you should now be able to take text directly from the analysis window and import it into Anki.

This is actually very helpful, as I had already noticed that, generally, when I wanted to export information from the analysis window into an Internet format (discussion forums, etc.), the unicode characters were lost in the transition. This makes things much more helpful for that kind of operation. Now if we could also get the same unicode output for the CHM files, that would be (almost) perfect bliss!

Thank you Michael and all the folks at BW!

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France
    Donald,

Somehow the original note got garbled and that made it confusing. Here's how it should have been:

"We added unformatted Unicode output as an option in the Editor right click "paste special" menu. Also copying text from the Browse Window or Analysis Tab will put unformatted Unicode text on the clipboard along with the other formats available before. Be aware that by its very nature the exported text is limited to a single font and it has to be one that has all the Unicode characters in the source text. Arial Unicode MS, Times Roman and the SBL Biblit fonts are good starters. The fix is in BW 10.0.3.354 and later. Grab the latest exe."

Mike

Red face

Donald, yes, it works like a charm now!

Michael, I am so grateful for this!

This was a perfect example of customer support's pure awesomeness!

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 403
Size:  129.7 KB