Thread: Font Issues

Default Font Issues

I'm running BibleWorks 10 on a Mac. It runs well, but the fonts don't look quite right. The font is readable but looks misshaped. For example, some parts of the letters look faint while other parts look extra thick and heavy. This is true for both Greek (bwgrkl) and English fonts. The Hebrew looks just fine. Also, when I export the Unicode font to a Word document the Hebrew vowel points are shifted slightly to the left and thus do not line up under the proper letters. Is there a way to correct these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Domine D View Post
    I'm running BibleWorks 10 on a Mac. It runs well, but the fonts don't look quite right. The font is readable but looks misshaped. For example, some parts of the letters look faint while other parts look extra thick and heavy. This is true for both Greek (bwgrkl) and English fonts. The Hebrew looks just fine. Also, when I export the Unicode font to a Word document the Hebrew vowel points are shifted slightly to the left and thus do not line up under the proper letters. Is there a way to correct these issues?
    Hello Domine,

For your first point, the problem may be due to the fact that BW is running through Crossover, which does a good--though not perfect job--of reproducing the characters. Progress has been made on that since the beta version in BW9, and ongoing progress is a possibility (I hope!). With something like that, it's good to write directly to BW, so they can know users are hoping for improvement. That will make it more of a priority.

I'm wondering, for your second question, if you are using SBL Hebrew. I've found that this font doesn't do well, in Word for Mac, in lining up consonants and vowels. If you try it in the BW editor, you may see it works better. That was my experience, at any rate, during beta testing. I use Times New Roman for the Hebrew in Word for Mac, and that works well.

Hope that can help.

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Default Very Helpful

Dear Donald,

Thank you. I wondered if Crossover was the issue. Also, I switched the export Hebrew font to Times New Roman, and it looks great!