Thread: Need full titles for versions in Browse Window, not abbreviations.

Default Need full titles for versions in Browse Window, not abbreviations.

Getting used to BW10. Nice program. One thing I haven't resolved through help menus & such...

In the browse window, if I click on the current version and then select "English" to show all the possible English versions I can pick, I only get abbreviations/codes... not full names. For all other languages (Greek, Hebrew, German, etc.), I get full names.

I suspect this is because I have so many English versions installed... 136 diff ones...
    (see attachment)

Is there a way to get the full titles to these instead of abbreviations?... other than deleting some?...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I get only abbreviations for all languages. So it is nothing different to have only abbreviations for English. That is the way it has always been.
    Mark Eddy

I get the full names in all languages.

Quote Originally Posted by felitoba View Post
    I get the full names in all languages.
    As do I. I'm not sure how to toggle that between the two.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

I found how to change the display. In the BW Options Window (gear icon) click on Browse Window Configuration Options and the fourth option from the bottom is "Use short labels in Browse Window version chooser". I have always had mine checked, so I saw only the abbreviations. If you uncheck it, you see abbreviations, as long as the language has no more than two columns of abbreviations. So with the option unchecked I see full names for all languages except English and Greek, since I have a lot of Greek versions too.
    Learn something new every day.
    Mark Eddy

Thanks, Mark... although I have 3 columns of Greek texts and they have full names... but 6 columns of English translations goes to abbreviations only (regardless if checked or unchecked). It might depend on monitor width or scaling. I dunno. I wonder if I remove a few and go to 5 columns (or possibly 4) if I'll get full names for the English ones.

I just have a hard time remembering some of the abbreviations. Almost wish you could get a full-name hint by moving the cursor over. I can open it and then hover over the abbreviation and the analysis window shows what translation it is.

I got my English translations whittled down to 4 columns and now I see full names.