Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Update Problem

  1. #1

    Default Update Problem

    Anyone else have a problem with update 10.0.3.203? After loading it, my BW interface is all messed up. Can't even use it. It looks like one of the critical apparatus's is super imposing itself over all the other text. Very weird!

    Dave
    Last edited by calvary; 04-24-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,091

    Default Update 203

    Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    Anyone else have a problem with update 10.0.3.203? After loading it, my BW interface is all messed up. Can't even use it. It looks like one of the critical apparatus's is super imposing itself over all the other text. Very weird!

    Dave
    Dave, try re-downloading if the program works well enough to do that. I just reposted. Updates have been frequent the last couple of days and you may have collided with an update.
    If worse comes to worse you can copy the exe from the refesh folder on the USB drive or ISO image. That's what it's there for. Then try the update. If the problem persists post a note here.

    Mike

  3. #3

    Default

    I just did the "hold down shift key while starting" thing and deleted the BW10 ini file and that reset things and got me back to ground zero. Ugh! Hours and hours of tweaking down the drain. Can you tell me where that ini file so I can back it up incrementally as I do my tweaks? I'd appreciate that.

    I think you're right on the cause, colliding with an update. Thanks for the help Mike.

    Blessings,
    Dave

    p.s. in spite of the mishap, I can't say enough about how pleased I am with V10. Just a stellar update. Super pleased so far!
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    I just did the "hold down shift key while starting" thing and deleted the BW10 ini file and that reset things and got me back to ground zero. Ugh! Hours and hours of tweaking down the drain. Can you tell me where that ini file so I can back it up incrementally as I do my tweaks? I'd appreciate that.
    I don't have BW10 yet, but I assume that this is the same, or very similar, to BW9. File/Checkpoints lets you create a checkpoint (your ini file, as well as your search tabs file, and the program exe file). Once you have taken a checkpoint, you can then restore to that checkpoint from the "hold down shift key while starting" thing.

    Also, if you downloaded one or more updates to BW10, you may be able to do the "hold down shift key while starting" thing again, and restore to a checkpoint with your ini file with some of your tweaks still there. Look carefully at the date/time of the checkpoints; you probably want the next to last one. By default BW takes a new checkpoint each time you update, and each time you close BW it replaces the current checkpoint. When you restore to a checkpoint (Restore Previous Version) the list of checkpoints gives the version id, type (last good = automatic, checkpoint = user created) and date/time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,091

    Default Location of backup INI files

    Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    I just did the "hold down shift key while starting" thing and deleted the BW10 ini file and that reset things and got me back to ground zero. Ugh! Hours and hours of tweaking down the drain. Can you tell me where that ini file so I can back it up incrementally as I do my tweaks? I'd appreciate that.

    I think you're right on the cause, colliding with an update. Thanks for the help Mike.

    Blessings,
    Dave

    p.s. in spite of the mishap, I can't say enough about how pleased I am with V10. Just a stellar update. Super pleased so far!
    Dave,

    Thanks for the kind words!
    You should not have to lose your settings. Look in the BibleWorks init folder. You should see several files beginning with a version number and having INI and EXE extensions. These are saved every time a update that has a new version number is downloaded. The process that Jim Wert outlined should work but you can restore the INI file by picking one, renaming it bw1000.ini and copying it to the root folder. If you can find one that produces the problems I would live to have it so I can find out what's going on.

    Mike

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    I don't have BW10 yet, but I assume that this is the same, or very similar, to BW9. File/Checkpoints lets you create a checkpoint (your ini file, as well as your search tabs file, and the program exe file). Once you have taken a checkpoint, you can then restore to that checkpoint from the "hold down shift key while starting" thing.

    Also, if you downloaded one or more updates to BW10, you may be able to do the "hold down shift key while starting" thing again, and restore to a checkpoint with your ini file with some of your tweaks still there. Look carefully at the date/time of the checkpoints; you probably want the next to last one. By default BW takes a new checkpoint each time you update, and each time you close BW it replaces the current checkpoint. When you restore to a checkpoint (Restore Previous Version) the list of checkpoints gives the version id, type (last good = automatic, checkpoint = user created) and date/time.
    Thanks Jim. Yea, I tried to load a couple different check points I had but they didn't do the trick for some reason. The interface was still garbled. Admittedly, I was in a hurry and was trying to get back to functional so I opted for the quick fix and will deal with my tweaking later.

    When I have more time I'll do some more investigation.

    Thanks for the help you two.

    Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    13

    Default BW9 update problem

    Hi, I'm using BW 9 and I have this problem while trying to update... It's related -as the error pop up windows shows - with mother board driver and graphics... When I hit Enter, the program goes south! What this has to do with the progrm itself, working very well?. Please see the attachment. Thanks in advance for suggestions, Valentin
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #8

    Default

    Update 364 weirded out my Hebrew and Greek texts. Random highlighting on every verse. Not good!

    Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    Update 364 weirded out my Hebrew and Greek texts. Random highlighting on every verse. Not good!

    Dave
    Hi Dave,

    it's morphological coloring turned on (for some reason). Turn if off at "Options"->"Morphology Colors"

  10. #10

    Default

    I use the configuration manager. I noticed that it happens when I switch from one profile to another. If I reopen the same one twice it goes away. And I can repeat this on two different pc's.
    Where do you turn off the morp colors. I don't see an option to actually turn it off. Thanks for the help.

    Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •