Thread: Greek Text Reading

Question Greek Text Reading

Is anyone having problems with BW10 reading the Greek text? According to the new features list, whenever you right-click the mouse in any Greek Bible, you're supposed to have the option for that text to be read from the sound files. However, when I right-click, I don't see that option. Is there a way to turn that feature on in settings? BTW, I made sure to check the box to install the sound files during the installation, so I know they were installed.
    Last edited by Harold6; 04-24-2015 at 08:40 AM.

On mine the option is "Open BYZ Audio Player." Not every Greek text has sound files. The audio player reads by whole chapters, not starting at the verse where you open it, unless you slide over to it.
    Mark Eddy

Default Greek Sound files

Quote Originally Posted by Harold6 View Post
    Is anyone having problems with BW10 reading the Greek text? According to the new features list, whenever you right-click the mouse in any Greek Bible, you're supposed to have the option for that text to be read from the sound files. However, when I right-click, I don't see that option. Is there a way to turn that feature on in settings? BTW, I made sure to check the box to install the sound files during the installation, so I know they were installed.
    In addition to what Mark says, make sure you are displaying a New Testament verse. There are no Old Testament LXX sound files. Also check in your BW folder to confirm that the init\sounds\na27 folder exists. The BYZ sound files are per chapter only but the NA27 files can be played per verse on the PC (not working yet on the Mac though).
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    In addition to what Mark says, make sure you are displaying a New Testament verse. There are no Old Testament LXX sound files. Also check in your BW folder to confirm that the init\sounds\na27 folder exists. The BYZ sound files are per chapter only but the NA27 files can be played per verse on the PC (not working yet on the Mac though).
    Mike

While there are no Hebrew LXX sound files, the OT Hebrew files are available and work in 9 (and I hope also in 10). I haven't yet received my upgrade to test.

Here is a link for the sound files and config options:

http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?p=1102
    HaMilim.netronix.com

Oh wow! I just tried this feature for the first time. Awesome! Especially the NA 28 which switches the verses for you in the browse window as it reads.
    Last edited by calvary; 04-24-2015 at 02:29 PM.
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Default Issue Resolved

Thank you guys for all of your help. I made sure the na27 folder was there, which it was, however the menu items in question still were not showing up after I right-clicked on a word in a NT Greek text. I ended up uninstalling and re-installing and that resolved the problem.