Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite "new" Bible Works 10 feature?

Found this quote on the BibleWorks website, ordering page, so based on it, sounds like if you had TWOT in BW9, that you would get a free unlock code for BW10:

Databases Removed from BibleWorks 10

Occasionally items are removed from BibleWorks, either because they have become obsolete or because we were unable to renew licenses at rates that are fair to our users. In challenging economic times all licensors understandably need to maximize income. However, we do not as a rule pass along increases to users. The price of BibleWorks must be kept affordable. This means unfortunately that on occasion some items must be dropped or, in a few cases, turned into extra cost add-ons. Items removed from the BibleWorks base package in BibleWorks 10 are as follows:

• Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament, Harris, et als
    • Moody Bible Atlas, Beizel
    • CNS Romanian Bible (we will restore this version if certain copyright issues can be resolved)
    • French Jerusalem Bible (FBJ) (we will restore this version if certain copyright issues can be resolved)
    • Afrikaans versions A83 and AFR
    • WHO (Wescott and Hort NT) and SCO (obsoleted by newly proofed texts (WHT and SCR)

If you are upgrading from BibleWorks 9 you can obtain unlock codes for these items (except for WHO and SCO) free of charge. They will not be available to new purchasers of BibleWorks 10.

Wow, that is super sad about TWOT. It's a must for me as well. Thankfully I have it in my 9 package and it's up and running in the BW10 upgrade on my pc. So does this mean I better keep my database files for TWOT handy for the future?

Also, will those upgrading from version 7-8 (who have twot) still be able to keep there's as well?

Dave
    Last edited by calvary; 04-23-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    Wow, that is super sad about TWOT. It's a must for me as well. Thankfully I have it in my 9 package and it's up and running in the BW10 upgrade on my pc. So does this mean I better keep my database files for TWOT handy for the future?

Also, will those upgrading from version 7-8 (who have twot) still be able to keep there's as well?

Dave
    Here is the link to the page I referenced that may give you more information:

https://www.bibleworks.com/content/replaced.html

Hello all,

Yes, if you had TWOT in a previous version, you will receive a code to unlock it. This is the same for other resources that have gone that way, such as Metzger's textual commentary on the Greek NT. I just re-checked and, yes, I still have it on BW10, which means I was able to unlock it.

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Thank you all for the feedback. My question's are answered.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Yes! Thanks for researching this! I appreciate it!

Did the TWOT work the same as it does in BW9? That is when put your cursor over a Hebrew word the right panel shows not only definitions but also it grammatical construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    Hello all,

Yes, if you had TWOT in a previous version, you will receive a code to unlock it. This is the same for other resources that have gone that way, such as Metzger's textual commentary on the Greek NT. I just re-checked and, yes, I still have it on BW10, which means I was able to unlock it.

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Quote Originally Posted by rbmilford View Post
    Did the TWOT work the same as it does in BW9? That is when put your cursor over a Hebrew word the right panel shows not only definitions but also it grammatical construction.
    Actually there is one big improvement in how the Hebrew lexicons work. Now you can view as many of them as you own in the Analysis Window together, as you could do with the Greek lexicons already in BW8/9.
    So as far as I can see the entire TWOT entry displays in the Analysis Window, as long as you make it one of the displayed lexicons.
    I think that the "grammatical construction" to which you refer is not part of TWOT (or any other lexicon) but is the WTM information spelled out for you. And yes, that displays as well.
    Mark Eddy

Post Lots to like!

So far, I love the new color schemes, interface flexibility, screen scaling, and forms tab. As I use it I know I will find more. Lots of good refinements throughout and runs great on my Surface tablet. I really appreciate you guys putting the focus where it needs to be - on the Text. No other software package can match the capabilities of this tool for intense analytical study of the Text in the original languages. Your ministry is greatly appreciated . Thanks for a great upgrade!

Steve

Default Audio Players

I really like the audio player, but don't much care for the recording. I imagine it would be easy enough to replace them with another version as long as the file names remain the same. Is that correct?

Also, would it be possible to add a player for the Hebrew Bible and--while we're at it--for the Septuagint? I used the "Narrate WTT" option a lot in Bibleworks 9 and miss it in version 10.

Thanks!