Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Turkmen

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    4

    Default Turkmen

    I've got a Turkmen database ready to convert but I can't get the Version Database Compiler to work. I'm using version 6 which is old, I know. It's running in a Windows XP update 3 box under Windows 8.1. Can anyone be kind and compile it for me so I can load it on? Where can we upload the database once ready to go? Copyright: Institute for Bible Translation, Moscow.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    If your database is copyrighted in the last 75 years it is illegal to copy it in the United States of America without written permission from the copyright holder. If it is in the public domain I would be happy to help you. You can attach any file with a .txt extension to this forum, so that anyone who reads this can access it. I could return the files for a compiled version via e-mail. All this, of course, only if the text is in the public domain.
    God bless!
    Mark Eddy

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    4

    Default Copyright

    Ok let me check to see if they're alright with that, and what kind of statement they'd like with it.

    Yish

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    4

    Default now online

    Hi, The Turkmen Bible is now available online for free at http://ibtrussia.org/en/text?m=TKL&l=1Chr&g=0&audio=1 (to read and listen to). I have the .txt files (actually .sfm but that's the same thing). Are you still willing to convert them for me? I now have Bibleworks 10 btw!Thanks, David

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    4

    Default Versification

    Ok I managed to convert it (took all morning!) but haven't got the versification right. It has Russian versification so I copied the rso.vmf file and renamed it to tkm.vmf, and put it in the same folder as the converted Bible:

    C:\Program Files (x86)\BibleWorks 10\userdb

    and the Bible has the name tkm.txt, which is as it should be.

    But somehow it's still stuck on English versification.

    Any ideas how to fix this?

    Yish

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Hi Yish,

    The new vmf file has to go in the \databases folder, not the \userdb folder. The \userdb folder contains the files that are to be compiled using the Version Database Compiler. When BibleWorks starts, it reads the \databases folder for files, but it does not read the \userdb folder. Try putting the new vmf file in the \databases folder and restart BibleWorks, and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

    Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •