Thread: Bible App Recommendation

Default Bible App Recommendation

After more than 50 different Bible apps for android I finally found a good one that matches all my requires !
    Thought about sharing it with other people, it's called "dBible" and it's free and it's really great , you can make notes, highlight verses, save verses, and share verses too.

Google play store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....lettus.dbible

The only problem is it has only KJV,ASV,BBE,DARBY,WEB versions but if you like these versions it's really the best !
    I hope it will help other people too

What is your favorite Bible app ?

Default Olive Tree - Bible study app

I really like Olive Tree - The Bible Study App

Although in this app you pay for additional translations like say Strong's versions of: HCSB, NASB, etc. I think the common versions that you mentioned may be free. And there are commentaries, lexicons, and maps.
    I use it mainly on my iPhone, so I have multiple Bible versions readily available.

What sold me on Olive Tree is the NA28th ed. with the textual apparatus and the BHS text as well. See Here.
    I used to carry my Greek & Hebrew texts to church - now I just carry my phone or tablet with Olive Tree. It's a great portable resource.

If you download Olive Tree to your computer you can have the app sync with your pc. So everything that you highlight on your phone will mirror with your computer.

When I want to hear audio in the car I use Bible from LifeChuch.tv. The translations are free to download. Lately I've been listening to this Bible app while commuting to work. It's nice if you're ever stuck in traffic - at least your time is productive listening to God's word.
    BTW: This works by placing the car radio to AUX mode and plugging in the 3.5mm audio cable.
    Last edited by Michael Tarver; 12-27-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tarver View Post
    I really like Olive Tree

This one you pay for additional versions like say, HCSB, NASB, etc. I think the common versions that you mentioned may all be free. I use it mainly on my iPhone, so I have many Bible versions readily available.

What sold me is the NA28th ed. with the textual apparatus and the Hebrew texts as well. See Here.
    I used to carry my BHS & NA28 to church - now I just have my iPhone. It's great.

If you download it to your computer you can have the app sync with the pc. So everything I've highlighted on my phone is the same on my computer.

When I want to hear audio in the car I use Bible from LifeChuch.tv. All the versions are free. Lately I've been listening to that while going to work and back. It's nice if you're ever stuck in traffic, at least your time is productive listening to God's word.
    I didn't like Olive Tree for android maybe its better on the iPhone , it just wasn't very intuitive when I tried it. the YouVersion (by LifeChuch.tv) was really nice but you must have internet connection to use it and sometimes it was a little slow, I prefer dBible, for me it is better since all I do is read and sometimes study