Thread: Position of Highlighted verse in the Analysis Window Browse Tab?

Question Position of Highlighted verse in the Analysis Window Browse Tab?

I'd love to change the location of the highlighted verse in the Analysis Window Browse Tab. Right now, the highlighted verse shows up at the top of the screen. I'd rather have it in the middle so that I could quickly see immediate context before and after the verse (without having to do extra mouse clicking). I think this was discussed in the past, but I don't remember if this was ever enabled or if there's a way to tweak the settings... Any thoughts?
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Browse showing context

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    I'd love to change the location of the highlighted verse in the Analysis Window Browse Tab.... so that I could quickly see immediate context before and after the verse (without having to do extra mouse clicking).
    I wholeheartedly concur; its pretty much the only reason I go to a browse window. I've asked for this in the past but got no takers. Join the cause if you would like this as an option or as default

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

I agree this would be a great improvement to viewing the text. I have wanted this for some time now, but failed to send a message requesting it.

Vernon

I second (or third) this as a helpful optional setting!

Don Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Default Verse display window

I am new to BW in that it has been a long time since I have used it.
    My verse display window is only one inch wide, how do I widen it?
    I added a new display window but it is floating, how do I place it where it should be, or how do I go to default windows set up again?
    When I look at the display in the video teaching my windows are missing the middle window as should be displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophecyman View Post
    I am new to BW in that it has been a long time since I have used it.
    My verse display window is only one inch wide, how do I widen it?
    You can drag the sides of most windows in BW to make them the size you like them.
    I added a new display window but it is floating, how do I place it where it should be, or how do I go to default windows set up again?
    You drag it to where you want to see it. When BW closes, it does not remember where any floating windows were. So you have to open them again. But BW does remember where that window opened the last time (at least for some of them, like the lexicon browser), so at least it will open where it was when you closed it.
    When I look at the display in the video teaching my windows are missing the middle window as should be displayed.
    I am not exactly sure what you are describing. But if you hit the wrench icon (Setup window) under the "Flags" if you click on the "Search Window Configuration Options" you can turn it from the default 3 columns into two columns, with the analysis window below the browse window by clicking the very first option "Put Analysis Window Under Browse Window." If that is checked, you can uncheck it, and you will have 3 columns again. If it is not checked, I do not understand what you see in your display configuration.
    I hope this helps a bit.
    Mark Edy