Thread: Salkinson-Gínsbug font problem in BW 10: alwasy dobble Schin

Default Salkinson-Gínsbug font problem in BW 10: alwasy dobble Schin

Dear friends,
    is the Problem only here at me:
    HNT
    John 17:23
    אֲנִי בָּהֶם וְאַתָּה בִּי לְמַעַן יִהְיוּ תַּמִּים בְּאֶחָד וּלְמַעַן יֵדַע הָעוֹלָם כִּי אַתָּה ששְׁלַחְתַּנִי וְכִי אָהַבְתָּ אֹתָם כַּאֲששֶׁר אֲהַבְתָּנִי׃

in BW 9 the dobble Schins were absend and so correct in th SG Version. I've checked several verses and in all of them the Schin is doppled in BW 10 - not in 9.

Is is just here or a problem everywhere else in BW 10.
    Yours
    Peter, Germany

Default HNT Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Dear friends,
    is the Problem only here at me:
    HNT
    John 17:23
    אֲנִי בָּהֶם וְאַתָּה בִּי לְמַעַן יִהְיוּ תַּמִּים בְּאֶחָד וּלְמַעַן יֵדַע הָעוֹלָם כִּי אַתָּה ששְׁלַחְתַּנִי וְכִי אָהַבְתָּ אֹתָם כַּאֲששֶׁר אֲהַבְתָּנִי׃

in BW 9 the dobble Schins were absend and so correct in th SG Version. I've checked several verses and in all of them the Schin is doppled in BW 10 - not in 9.

Is is just here or a problem everywhere else in BW 10.
    Yours
    Peter, Germany

Peter, normally things like this should be reported to tech support. We try not to short circuit their job, which is to assess problems and report to us if there is something we need to take care of. But since they are swamped this week I will try to address the problem. Normally though the programming staff does not frequent this forum on a daily basis so you will get a better response to bug reports by going through the tech support channel.

On to the bug. This was a conversion error. BW10 has an updated HNT text and there was a problem converting UTF8 to Unicode to BibleWorks. I posted a new file set which hopefully will address the problem. If it doesn't you can post a response here and I will do my best to address it. Thanks for using BibleWorks!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Peter, normally things like this should be reported to tech support. We try not to short circuit their job, which is to assess problems and report to us if there is something we need to take care of. But since they are swamped this week I will try to address the problem. Normally though the programming staff does not frequent this forum on a daily basis so you will get a better response to bug reports by going through the tech support channel.

On to the bug. This was a conversion error. BW10 has an updated HNT text and there was a problem converting UTF8 to Unicode to BibleWorks. I posted a new file set which hopefully will address the problem. If it doesn't you can post a response here and I will do my best to address it. Thanks for using BibleWorks!

Mike
    Dear Mike,
    I'm sorry for posting this in this Forum. Shall I delete the bug message?
    Yours
    Peter

I've found another bug in this version: the Dagesch in the checked instances of HaSchamajim is a stroke.

HNT

Revelation 12:7

וַתְּהִי מִלְחָמָה בַּןשָׁמָיִם מִיכָאֵל וּצְבָאָיו עָרְכוּ קְרָב עִם־הַתַּנִּין וְהַתַּנִּין וּצְבָאָיו נִלְחֲמוּ עִמָּם׃
    HNT

2 Peter 3:12

וּלְחַכּוֹת וּלְצַפּוֹת לְבֹא יוֹם הָאֱלֹהִים אֲשֶׁר יְלַהֵט אֶת־הַןשָׁמַיִם וְיַמְסֵם וְהַיְסֹדוֹת נְמֹגִים בָּאֵשׁ כֻּלָּם׃

Default Bugs

Dear Mike,
    I'm sorry for posting this in this Forum. Shall I delete the bug message?
    Yours
    Peter
    No that won't be necessary. Until the office gets caught up I will do my best to fix bugs reported here.
    A new release always has some issues that we didn't catch in beta but we should be able to take care of them fairly quickly.
    On to your next one :-)
    Mike

Default More HNT conversion errors

I've found another bug in this version: the Dagesch in the checked instances of HaSchamajim is a stroke.

HNT

Revelation 12:7

וַתְּהִי מִלְחָמָה בַּןשָׁמָיִם מִיכָאֵל וּצְבָאָיו עָרְכוּ קְרָב עִם־הַתַּנִּין וְהַתַּנִּין וּצְבָאָיו נִלְחֲמוּ עִמָּם׃
    HNT

2 Peter 3:12

וּלְחַכּוֹת וּלְצַפּוֹת לְבֹא יוֹם הָאֱלֹהִים אֲשֶׁר יְלַהֵט אֶת־הַןשָׁמַיִם וְיַמְסֵם וְהַיְסֹדוֹת נְמֹגִים בָּאֵשׁ כֻּלָּם׃

Thanks for the report! Sorry for the bugs. But we'll get them squashed.
    Try the download now. It should take care of all instances of this bug for both sin and shin with dagesh.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Thanks for the report! Sorry for the bugs. But we'll get them squashed.
    Try the download now. It should take care of all instances of this bug for both sin and shin with dagesh.
    Mike
    I can't detect any more bugs - that is what I call a fast solution. Thanks ! The download was successeful.
    Yours
    Peter