Thread: World English Bible or other Maj Text translation?

Default World English Bible or other Maj Text translation?

Does anyone know where to find a BibleWorks compatible module for the World English Bible (or any other Majority Text English translation)? I am pretty sure I used to have it in BW a few versions back, but I could be wrong. I do have a version in theWord that I refer to on occasion.
    "I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
    "It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal

• webbw.zip contains the World English Bible text formatted for import into BibleWorks 5 or later.
    Last edited by pasquale; 02-02-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Default New Translations

Hello, I am new to BibleWorks and have a question.

Are there any Bible translations that are available in BibleWorks and yet are unavailable in the standard program? Don't get me wrong, BibleWorks is a great resource, but there are a few translations I would like to use. I have been using eSword and miss several translations:

EMTV (English Majority Text Version)
    LITV (Green's literal version)
    WEB/WEV (World English Bible)

Perhaps even better than these is one that eSword does not have, that is the:

ALT3 (Analyitcal-Literal translaion)

If these could be added to Bibleworks, it would save me the trouble of working with two Bible programs.

Matthew

Dear Matthew,
    Of the four versions you mention only WEV is available, as far as I have seen. The post just before yours tells you how to get the WEV (=WEB, except the WEB abbreviation is already taken in BibleWorks by the Webster Bible).
    Mark Eddy

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the link no longer works. The error is: "Not Found. The requested URL /web/webbw.zip was not found on this server."

Do you think any of those versions could be added to an update of BibleWorks?

Matthew

Since the World English Bible was produced for the public domain without copyright (as long as you do not change any words), I could e-mail you a zipped copy of the files for you to unzip into your BibleWorks databases folder. You can reach me at my name (without a space) at att.net.
    Mark Eddy