Thread: Free/Cheap Course Building

Default Free/Cheap Course Building

Does anyone here know a place to create and use cheap or free course building software I have looked into several including Moodle, Blackboard, and The City. Blackboard and The City are way to expensive, (The City is reasonably priced, but even so, I am looking more to experiment with it, and see what might interest my congregation, so $2,000+ a year is too much.) Moodle seems like an option, but I do not know if I have enough coding skill to set it up. Are there any others out there that I am missing?
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

We use a Moodle interface called Moodlerooms which provides support (and which, unfortunately, Blackboard bought). If you are working on a small scale, FishersNet/Select Learning provides Moodlerooms access. (Disclosure: I'm on the board of FN/Select in a non-paid, advisory role.)
    I have not used it, but you also might check out Google Course Director.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Glatfelter Professor of Biblical Studies
    United Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg & Philadelphia
    uls.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Thanks Mark,
    I looked at the options your provided, while still not quite what I am looking for, watching the video for Google Course director gave me an idea of what I can do. Most of what course director does is a utilization of their free material, I think I can manipulate it a little bit more and get what I want, and for free.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Hello,
    I'm using Moodle and ProProfs course building software programs. You may also try iSpring Suite or Slack as an easy communication tool. Also: Calendly is a good app for 1-on-1 consultations: my students are used to this format and they write my essay tasks online and send a meeting request afterwards; and this way we avoid Facebook and any other social media that simply distract their attention.

Blessings,
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by TerryLewiss View Post
    Hello,
    I'm using Moodle and ProProfs course building software programs. You may also try iSpring Suite or Slack as an easy communication tool. Also: Calendly is a good app for 1-on-1 consultations: my students are used to this format and they write my essay tasks online and send a meeting request afterwards; and this way we avoid Facebook and any other social media that simply distract their attention.

Blessings,
    Terry
    Hi,
    similarly to Terry, my students and I have been using Calendly and it's been a very helpful tool for consultations during the pandemic. Apart from that, I can also recommend Slack, which is another tool providing easy and quick communication.

Greetings