Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How to fix Greek and Hebrew fonts not displaying in CHM files - Grammars, etc

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Thumbs up How to fix Greek and Hebrew fonts not displaying in CHM files - Grammars, etc

    I have a friend who was frustrated because in his extra resources, like grammars, that open in CHM files, all of the Greek and Hebrew characters were gibberish. After a long troubleshooting session I found the problem. I didn't find anything posted about it here, but I may have missed it.

    NOTE: this doesn't fix the problem of Greek and Hebrew not showing correctly in your main BW window. This is only for the resources that pop up in a separate 'help' style window (CHM).

    To fix your external resources font display (this is for Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9, Bibleworks 9 - it may work for others):
    1) Open the resource that doesn't display correctly
    2) Click the Options toolbar button at the top of the window
    3) Choose "Internet options..."
    4) click the "Accessibility" button
    5) make sure that the top 3 options that refer to overriding fonts and styles are unchecked.
    6) Click OK
    7) Click OK

    You should now see your resource formatted correctly.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009


    Wow -- kudos on finding that! That's really obscure -- and not really a BW issue, but one produced by system-wide settings; the Internet Options dialog is also accessed through the Control Panel. It should be available on all versions of Windows, I'd think. Note that you can use this to switch the coloring of fonts off and on in CHM resources, in case, the colors bother you. Very interesting.
    David Rensberger
    Atlanta, Georgia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts