Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in BibleWorks 10?

Default X-Refs-Tool with context

Hello,

I would like to see a quicker lookup of context related X-Refs. Maybe like that, that you have your immediate verse in your X-Ref window (just like it is at present) and if you hover over your X-Ref Verse it pop-ups the context of 2-4 verses before and behind the Verse.
    I think that would be a nice feature for quicker work with cross references.

Blessings,
    Steffen

Default Count search option - for Hapax Leg, for example

I would like to se BW 10 incorporate a "count search" option - as in Accordance: * [count 1] - will search all hapax-words in the given range/limits.
    There is a way to do this in bw, http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/ikb/ques...?questionid=95, but it is pretty cumbersome.

I think many students would like a way to color the most rare used words in the text, they study. We have the color-option - but not the count-option.

Would that not be possible to incorporate pretty easily?

Morten

Another thing: I really would like to see an additional way of approaching the vast body of texts. The option provided now is division based on languages - but for students (and others) with less overview of the vast body of texts available, it would be really help to have an entrance through groups of texts - both when installing and when browsing texts. This will probably demand some programming - but it should be possible since there are not so many groups of texts after all.

Like:
    - LXX-texts.
    - Bible-texts.
    - OT pseudepigraphs.
    - Apostolic fathers.
    - Church fathers and so on.

I recommend my students to compile Favorites as the first thing, and have provided them with a list of databases to install - but why not do this from a central hold?

I think it would boost the value of BW for many users - and surprise them as to how much comes in the standard package.

BTW: I REALLY appreciate the work done by Mark Hoffmann and Mike Hanel here: https://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...h-texts-for-BW.
    It is something like this, I would like to see incorporated by default in BW10.

To my mind, it is one of the lowest hanging fruits in regards to a more user/student friendly BW.

Morten

Default Tabbed Interface ala Browser

One of the better user interface/features I have seen develop in software over the years is "tabbed" browsing, documents, etc. It provides an excellent, and on-the-fly flexible, use of work space and easy flipping to and from work areas. I find that one of the "challenges" of BibleWorks. The first as I have mentioned in this thread is the lack of control on layout; even when you get a layout you like there are always tasks you want to perform regularly but you don't have the space available. And that is the other issue is BW is loaded with so much great content it is impossible to feature it all in one workspace. Even getting the "core" features visible often means compromising usability unless you are working on a larger display. BW has some similar features but the elegance of browser tabs is intuitive. I find, for example, Blueletterbibles TSK to be much more usable than BW for this reason so when I want to use that tool I go to their website.

I know it is likely very late in the development process to consider such user face features unless they were already intended. Big picture, especially with the growth of platforms (both desktop and mobile), as well as digital installation / registration, moving to a browser-based platform seems a natural development. I use Zotero a bit and that has worked out well IMO.

Default Disencumber Zoom in MSS Tab

I'd like to see the Zoom Level for viewing manuscripts enhanced to allow one to manipulate zoom level without clicking three times.

Maybe use standard Windows key combinations of Ctrl + andCtrl - when we've recently been viewing in the MSS tab?

Glenn

Default French versions

I'd like to see more up to date french versions. Most of them are given freely by the editors to webstite such as "Biblegateway" and others of the same genre. So I assume it wouldn't be difficult to include them in BW10 for the numerous french people that are using BW and are all complaining about that issue (and I know maybe 20 french BW users, they all point out that as the major issue because otherwise BW is just so great !).

Default MORE French Versions

Quote Originally Posted by Timobe View Post
    I'd like to see more up to date french versions. Most of them are given freely by the editors to webstite such as "Biblegateway" and others of the same genre. So I assume it wouldn't be difficult to include them in BW10 for the numerous french people that are using BW and are all complaining about that issue (and I know maybe 20 french BW users, they all point out that as the major issue because otherwise BW is just so great !).
    My sentiments exactly!

Steffen

Quote Originally Posted by Timobe View Post
    Une excellente proposition ! Je suis pour ! Actually, I contacted BW some time ago about seeing if "la Bible à la Colombe" and "la Nouvelle Bible Segond" (NBS) could be added. I was told that, in cases such as this, contact should be made with la Société biblique française, which I did. The SBF didn't really react to my request, and I haven't taken the time to follow up since then. I would suggest:
    • Making a request directly to BibleWorks, then
    • Contacting la Société biblique française about this. The more requests there are, the better the chances of seeing something happen would be.

It would also be good to see "la Bible du Semeur", even though it's much more of a paraphrase the the others I mentioned, and not one I particularly recommend for in-depth study of the text.

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Default Theological Journal Library

As mentioned on a separate thread, I'd love to see the Theological Journal Library being available in the next version! I know it's not an original language resource but since Logos rejected the journals I'd love to access them through BW rather than a competitor. Hampton Keathley said over a year ago now they would be available on BW in time.

Colin

Default Context Conjunction Searches

I'd also like to see a search feature that allows a user to have 1 to 5 verse buffer, either before or after, depending on whether the search result includes a conjunction that would necessitate looking at the verses before or after.

If a search results in Titus 1:10, "For there are many who are ...", then the user should be able to set the results displayed to include the verse(s) preceding it.

On the other hand, if the result is Titus 2:10, "not pilfering, but showing ...', where the following verse has a subordinating conjunction, 'for', the result full results would display the verse(s) following it.

---

I'm guessing I can already do this some how in the GSE (ideas would be helpful), but it would be nice if this was a simple option to select.